Mounting a electric control box on transom inside lazaretto

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Come on, you do not need marine plywood...the glue in marine plywood and exterior plywood is the same...marine plywood is stronger because it has more plys and little or no voids..strength is not the issue for what you are doing...you just need something to put some screws into without the screw going thru the hull. Liquid nails would work great and a quick coat of paint so that it looks nice then attach the electrical components.

The solenoid and wires in this box weigh less than a pound.
It looks like you are including a remote control for the winch motor. I did that same thing but unfortunately the TV remote in my master stateroom also operates the winch and tried to grind my davits through the transom. No bueno !
I’m not sure whether to buy a new TV or a new winch remote.

Marine ply is usually fir. Construction ply from the big box store is usually a pine product which does not absorb resins and paints as well. Marine also has 7 or more plys.

plus. Hsve always used silicone caulk/adhesive. Can be cut off with a long serrated knife. Never had it fail.

It looks like you are including a remote control for the winch motor. I did that same thing but unfortunately the TV remote in my master stateroom also operates the winch and tried to grind my davits through the transom. No bueno !
I’m not sure whether to buy a new TV or a new winch remote.

Yikes! That is not good. My remote is a radio signal and not infrared. Pretty sure the TV is IR, but the stakes are high and I will confirm that. Thanks BigTime.

Yikes! That is not good. My remote is a radio signal and not infrared. Pretty sure the TV is IR, but the stakes are high and I will confirm that. Thanks BigTime.

I may be erroneous blaming my TV remote. What I know for sure is that in the first 3 weeks after installation I had 2 separate incidents of unexplained winch engagement. Once “in” and once “out”. I only blamed it on the TV remote because of it’s proximity and also because it will definitely turn on and off a remote controlled LED light that I have.
I need to figure it out because the remote operation of the davits is an awesome feature.

Back
Top Bottom