Max weight/persons on a Camano?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jhance

Vessel Name
Audrey Grace
Vessel Make
2003 Camano 31
There seems to be different talk out there on this subject but I can't find anything concrete (maybe because it doesn't exist?). Assuming boat is fully loaded with fuel and water, how many people (or pounds) would you think should be the max on board? 10 people (1500 pounds) sounds about max to me but I'd love a more concrete answer if one exists. Five people max on the flybridge is enough for me...

We are so blessed to have Tad as a contributor to the forum. Thank you Tad for all you give. :flowers:

Al-Ketchikan

:thumb: :thumb:

Another way to look at it is...how many people could you safely fit into your dinghy in an emergency?

So ....

Hi

Just wondering what the answer to the original question might be?

thanks,
Pete

Ten sounds on the high side to me, it may well prove to be too many if the sea is bouncy. A ton or more of weight up that high will most certainly effect your center of balance in a scary way.

pete

There is a standard calculation that gives the capacity of 150 pound people. It is length times beam divided by 15. So for my 41’ boat it calculates to 36.86 people. Wow, I think that is clearly nuts. I get nervous when we have more than 8 people on the boat. Not just the weight that can move around but it would be so crowded that you wouldn’t be able to move. Use your best judgement not only to weight but in an emergency will you be able to fight your way past the people to attend to the emergency?

The wife and I are looking for a boat, we have been crawling all over a couple of Camano trawlers lately. Well as I was going up on the Fly bridge of one I saw a sticker (it looked like it came from the Manufacture) it stated 600lbs max on the Fly bridge deck. All I am doing is reporting what I saw, or read.

The factory sticker on the flybridge of our 2005 Camano said 6 persons max. No mention of a weight limit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom