A Little Cleanup Suggestion?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ctjstr

Vessel Name
"Convergence"
Vessel Make
Camano Troll
I love the Bob Warman design on our boat hulls but.....

any suggestions for cleaning up the bottom of the V under the engine. I'm sure you've all noticed that the bottom of that v is waaay down there, especially towards the rear, and since I am NOT an Oragutan, there is no easy way to reach down there and give things a decent cleanup. I ended up tieing some rags to a steel rod and flopping that around to get most of it, but that sure can't be the best way.

I created my own mess; I dribbled a few tablespoons when changing out the filter. Add a little water over time and it looked like La Brea. Got it done, but it took about an hour and I'd appreciate hints on the "easy way".

thanks

toni

Cut down a dollar store long handled kitchen sponge mop. Spray the sides with your favorite degreaser spray cleaner. Scrub with mop. Rinse with spray nozzle on dock hose. Suck up water with shop vac. Repeat as necessary.

Ted

Thanks Ted. Good suggestion. Why didn't I think of that???

I like Extreme Simple Green mixed 1:1 for degreasing.

I like Extreme Simple Green mixed 1:1 for degreasing.

I used to use it all the time. Last couple years I'm using the stuff from the dollar store "simply awsome" or something like that. seems to work about the same and is pretty cheap. I also use their toilet bowl cleaner to get stains off the hull. works great.

I used to use it all the time. Last couple years I'm using the stuff from the dollar store "simply awsome" or something like that. seems to work about the same and is pretty cheap. I also use their toilet bowl cleaner to get stains off the hull. works great.

Simply Awesome or what ever it's called is what I use for bilge cleaner. It's around a dollar a bottle.

Ted

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom