Old 10-31-2015, 02:46 PM   #1

City: Bellingham Wa
Vessel Name: Tinka
Vessel Model: Mariner/Helmsman 38
Smile Need Thread for Mariner/Helmsman Yachts

I believe there are enough of us to make a place on the Forum for us. Thank you for your consideration.
Sharpseadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 03:05 PM   #2
TF Site Team

City: California Delta
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: 1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC
We have a fellow member here, Windmist, who recently sold his 38PH. Nice boats!!

You didn't happen to buy his boat, did you?

@DeltaBridges - 25 Delta Bridges in 25 Days
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 03:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWright View Post
We have a fellow member here, Windmist, who recently sold his 38PH. Nice boats!!

You didn't happen to buy his boat, did you?
No, previous name was "Chin Chin" which supposedly was Chinese for "cheers". I just thought of Jay Leno every time I heard it. We re-christened her "Tinka", a Salish Indian girls name from a book by that title authored by my aunt.
Old 11-02-2015, 11:57 PM   #4

City: Ventura
Vessel Name: Tatanka
Vessel Model: 32' Nordic Tug
My buddy has a Helmsman 38.
He says info on his boat's systems is hard to come by.
He loves the boat!
Tunajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 06:37 AM   #5

City: Bradenton, FL
Vessel Name: OPTIMYSTIQUE
Vessel Model: Mariner 40
Sounds good to me.
We really are enjoying our Mariner 40
Wmiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 10:51 AM   #6

Agree, but do have everything for all the components e.g. engine, instruments, pumps, windless, etc.
Old 11-06-2015, 11:14 PM   #7
TF Site Team

City: Ex-Brisbane, (Australia), now Bribie Island, Qld
Vessel Name: Now boatless - sold 6/2018
Vessel Model: Had a Clipper (CHB) 34
Don't you feel adequately represented in the 'Taiwanese Makes' section down there, as that is the style of boat you're talking about. Ok, now the moulds have been moved to China, and new ones are mainly coming out of there instead of Taiwan, but essentially they are the same vessels, only updated. Example, the Mariner 40 here in Aus is the Clipper 40, big brother to my 34. Mine came from Taiwan, new ones China.
Maybe we could update the forum title to be more inclusive of the newer makes. Example Taiwanese/Chinese Yard Products. The trouble is most boats are now made there somewhere, e.g. Grand Banks, Ocean Alexander, Alaska Yachts, Nordhavns, Integrity...you name it. It could get tricky. Make a suggestion that fits the bill re name, and we could look at it.
If we get too many model specific sections opened up, the numbers in each will drop to below the critical mass needed to keep the threads going, and interest might well flag...just sayin'
Old 03-19-2017, 03:02 PM   #8
Veteran Member

City: Westerly, RI
Vessel Name: Magic Moment
Vessel Model: Mariner Orient 38 Euro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpseadog View Post
I believe there are enough of us to make a place on the Forum for us. Thank you for your consideration.
We just purchased a 38 Orient Euro and hope we can find enough Mariner owners to start this type of owners group.
seabum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 08:28 AM   #9
Veteran Member

City: Ft Myers
Vessel Name: Linda Lee
Vessel Model: 45' Aquarius motoryacht
Good day,
We have a 45' MV, the boat has a builders name of Aquarius, imported by Great Lake Yachts. But we cannot identify from the builder or yard was.
We have not seen or heard of another in the year we have owned it.
If anyone has any information on it builder, please let us know.

It is a great boat, but would like to know a little history of the builders

Thank you
Henry
Linda Lee
Ft Myers Fl.
hfmckevitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 09:41 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Henry,
It seems as if there are many of us in the same orphaned boat situation with no factory support or owner's network to offer advice and help; this is why I want to start a Mariner Owners group.
If you can post a picture of your boat in this thread maybe someone can give you some info. It may also be helpful if you could list some of the other detail about your boat, such as the type and HP of the motor(s), overall length and beam, weight and so forth. Hopefully someone else will have a similar vessel and provide you with some info.
Good luck,
Joe
Old 03-22-2017, 09:49 AM   #11
Guru

City: North Charleston, SC
Helmsman recently began building a modified Camano called the Helmsman 31 and that's nothing like the older Helmsmans. In my experience, factory support becomes less useful as the boat ages. Other than the hull and the interior, builders don't usually make the parts, they just install them. Engine, transmission, steering, tanks, head, etc. The manufacturers of these parts are who you turn to for support or parts.

That's not to say anything against an owner's group, that would be fine. It's just that a large portion of any questions would be better asked in the general forum.
rwidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 02:47 PM   #12
Veteran Member

I fully agree that questions relating to a Cummins motor, Rule bilge pump or Furuno radar are far better directed to the original manufacturers of those devices; however, an owners group for an out of business boat manufacturer can allow one to learn which color stain best matches an orphaned boat’s interior finish, what size battery best fits into the originally allocated space or other such mundane questions associated with that manufacturer’s product.

I realize I am new to this forum, but If I want to establish contact with owners of similar make boat this seem to me to be the place to start.

Thanks for your input.
Old 03-22-2017, 05:16 PM   #13

City: New Tazewell
Vessel Name: Saoirse
Vessel Model: 1983 Nauticat 44 Ketch
Dang it. This forum, I dunno. When I first got here, I figured out I was looking for a Grand Banks Europa. Then someone mentioned American Tug, someone else mentioned Nordic, and then Mainship. Coot, Beneteau Swift, Now I look up Helmsman - nice boats! Geez. Look forward to your posts. I think, lol.
Acheron2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 05:20 PM   #14

City: PNW
Vessel Model: American Tug 435
By the way the Helmsman is a nice product, we saw the new H 43 at a trawlerfest and loved the layout. The only drawback is there aren't any on the used market yet
Hamrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 05:28 PM   #15

City: PNW
Vessel Model: American Tug 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acheron2010 View Post
Dang it. This forum, I dunno. When I first got here, I figured out I was looking for a Grand Banks Europa. Then someone mentioned American Tug, someone else mentioned Nordic, and then Mainship. Coot, Beneteau Swift, Now I look up Helmsman - nice boats! Geez. Look forward to your posts. I think, lol.
Hey I'm with you Acheron! I can tell you the co-captain & I seem to be on a typical roughly 2-year down-selection process.
But one thing that has really helped us narrow down, eliminate, and focus to our top candidate is that we've now been to four Trawlerfest events (I'd rather not say what our top candidate is because obviously its different for everyone). Getting on board several of these things and talking to the people there really makes a difference.
Sorry i didnt mean to hijack this thread, just wanted to express support for Helmsman...
Hamrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 02:52 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acheron2010 View Post
In my experience when you are constantly in the market shopping for boats you become an extremely educated buyer. The benefit of that education is that you don’t need to think twice when the right boat finally comes along. After a year of shopping we once make an offer and left a deposit on a boat that we had only been on for about 15 minutes. We found out that afternoon that another prospective couple had been on the boat three times and wanted to come back a forth to think it over a little more. Snooze you lose. Shop a lot and when you find the boat you truly want you will know it’s the one.
Old 03-25-2017, 03:40 PM   #17
Veteran Member

City: Ft Myers
Vessel Name: Linda Lee
Vessel Model: 45' Aquarius motoryacht
Quote:
Originally Posted by seabum View Post
Henry,
It seems as if there are many of us in the same orphaned boat situation with no factory support or owner's network to offer advice and help; this is why I want to start a Mariner Owners group.
If you can post a picture of your boat in this thread maybe someone can give you some info. It may also be helpful if you could list some of the other detail about your boat, such as the type and HP of the motor(s), overall length and beam, weight and so forth. Hopefully someone else will have a similar vessel and provide you with some info.
Good luck,
Joe
Joe,
Attached is a photo of our boat. She has twin 3208T Cat engineers. 45' with 15' beam. Hope someone maybe be able to identify the builder or yard.

Thanks
Henry
Linda Lee
Ft Myers Beach Fl
hfmckevitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:53 AM   #18

City: Semiahmoo
Vessel Name: Navigator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunajoe View Post
My buddy has a Helmsman 38.
He says info on his boat's systems is hard to come by.
He loves the boat!
I wish there was more information for Helmsman, like this "and other information" for the Selene. I was looking at the stern in this example.

https://www.seleneoceanyachts.com/wp...gn-library.pdf

Sadly there's really not much of a library for the Helmsman
Nocanvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 09:54 AM   #19

City: Stony Point, NY
Vessel Name: VARKA
Vessel Model: Helmsman Trawlers 43 PH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocanvas View Post
I wish there was more information for Helmsman, like this "and other information" for the Selene. I was looking at the stern in this example.

https://www.seleneoceanyachts.com/wp...gn-library.pdf

Sadly there's really not much of a library for the Helmsman

If you are looking for something specific, you can reach out to Helmsman directly and I am sure they can provide what you are looking for or point you in the right direction.
AdmiralS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 07:45 PM   #20

City: Semiahmoo
Vessel Name: Navigator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpseadog View Post
I second that motion.
Nocanvas is offline   Reply With Quote