Old 09-14-2021, 11:57 AM   #61

City: Malletts Bay, Vermont
This was a great thread. I've got a contract on a Helmsman 37 Sedan for delivery around May 2023. I know most(all?) of you are on Pilothouses, but I really wanted a 2 stateroom boat with 4 foot draft or less. The tradeoffs you all mentioned were a lot of my thinking as well. I really appreciate all the conversations around options too. Helping me fill in my own list as time approaches.

Two key ones for me: I'm having a custom box up top for an extra fridge and electric grill. And I'm having the flybridge rail moved forward a little so that everything aft of the bridge deck hatch is railed off, and Scott & Co are putting a solar panel setup aft of that.
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 11:58 AM   #62

City: Malletts Bay, Vermont
Oh yeah, for dinghy, I've decided to do a hurley 3.0 system on the swim platform and have side doors on both sides of the boat to make boarding for us and dogs easier.

Newt
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 12:07 PM   #63
FWT

City: Centreville MD
Vessel Model: Helmsman Trawlers 38E
Quote:
Originally Posted by newt View Post

Two key ones for me: I'm having a custom box up top for an extra fridge and electric grill. And I'm having the flybridge rail moved forward a little so that everything aft of the bridge deck hatch is railed off, and Scott & Co are putting a solar panel setup aft of that.
In particular that rail and solar panel idea sounds like a really good idea on that design. Kudos
FWT is offline   Reply With Quote