Helmsman 38E for May 2018 delivery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Such a great looking boat!! We got a tour of one and found it very impressive

Such a great looking boat!! We got a tour of one and found it very impressive
Since the engine is delayed. ...have you co considered an Aquadrive in place of a conventional direct shaft connection? And what stuffing box options are offered, if any?

Engine in. Looking at completion at yard by May 1. Shipping in May. Ordered Catalina 340Z watermaker, will be installed by Emerald Harbor Marine during commissioning in Seattle.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_408.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_408.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 159
Since the engine is delayed. ...have you co considered an Aquadrive in place of a conventional direct shaft connection? And what stuffing box options are offered, if any?

No shaft/stuffing box changes. Would email Helmsman.

Congrats! Looking great. Helmsman owners are very happy with their boats. I know how fun it is to be in the building process right now.

Slipped

Informed today May 1 completion at yard has slipped. Nothing definite yet. Modifying summer plans.

For now will sit back and enjoy watching Fletcher500's 43 arrival in the coming days.....

Informed today May 1 completion at yard has slipped. Nothing definite yet. Modifying summer plans.

For now will sit back and enjoy watching Fletcher500's 43 arrival in the coming days.....

Sorry man, that's bad news but just think of how much sweeter the delivery day will be now!

Are they giving you any timeline at all? Late summer? Or 2019?? I hope it's not the latter.

Very disappointing to be told on April 30 that it's not going to be done tomorrow. I would have expected more notice. Hopefully, not long and it will be worth the wait.

June 4-5

image3.jpeg

Update: May 25 completion has slipped to June 1. On container ship June 5. Holding our breath.

Big ship crossed International Date Line early yesterday, should arrive in Port of Seattle on Sunday. Planning to offload on Monday. Scott and Van waiting for the final word.

Meanwhile making final electronics decisions- cell and wifi booster being the current ones in flux. New inflatable and motor here; davit harness made yesterday. Not the less bit anxious!:angel:

A couple of photos before leaving the yard. Love the gray nonskid. Very happy with Joni's choice (with Lisa's concurrence) of navy blue leather. Joni has different pillows waiting!

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_42b.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_42b.jpeg
    133.2 KB · Views: 118
  • fullsizeoutput_42c.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_42c.jpeg
    117.5 KB · Views: 120
9' AB Lammina (aluminum hull); Torqeedo 1003 CL; 650# Nick Jackson low profile

Nice. I have the same Torqeedo and it is really nice. FWIW, when I got it I also sprang for the solar charger. When cruising I tie the flexible panel to the top of the bimini and leave the battery plugged in. Works great. I've had mine for a lot of years now as I used it on my Sailboat as well.

Nice. I have the same Torqeedo and it is really nice. FWIW, when I got it I also sprang for the solar charger. When cruising I tie the flexible panel to the top of the bimini and leave the battery plugged in. Works great. I've had mine for a lot of years now as I used it on my Sailboat as well.

Thanks for the report! We plan on picking up the dinghy from Waypoint Marine near the locks late next week and "torqeedo" it over to the Helmsman dock in Lake Union. The 1003C has a nice hefty battery so we are going to hold off on the solar for now, but I suspect we will end up getting it. Good to hear you are happy with it.

Thanks for the report! We plan on picking up the dinghy from Waypoint Marine near the locks late next week and "torqeedo" it over to the Helmsman dock in Lake Union. The 1003C has a nice hefty battery so we are going to hold off on the solar for now, but I suspect we will end up getting it. Good to hear you are happy with it.

The solar is nice when we are away from marinas for a while as it means we don't need to use the inverter to charge the Torqeedo battery. They are very proud of their solar charger however. $$$$

Looks like offload early Tuesday.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_42f.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_42f.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 97
Are you pacing the floor like an expectant father? Exciting times! :thumb:

The solar is nice when we are away from marinas for a while as it means we don't need to use the inverter to charge the Torqeedo battery. They are very proud of their solar charger however. $$$$

dahays, you will never regret those solar panels and controller.

Are you pacing the floor like an expectant father? Exciting times! :thumb:

hehe

OK I shared the position on TF at 2100 last night. At 0130, the ship had slowed close to Pt. Angeles, presumably to pick up the pilot. At 0500, she was entering Elliot Bay. By 0700 she had moored at Harbor Island in Seattle.

As you see, I'm not at all anxious!

dahays, you will never regret those solar panels and controller.

I already really like it. However, the solar that I was referring to here was a flexible solar panel for the Torqeedo motor.

I already really like it. However, the solar that I was referring to here was a flexible solar panel for the Torqeedo motor.

I strongly recommend you consider solar panels for the boat, as an added backup so when you leave the boat and the power grid goes down, or some kid takes great delight of unplugging your shore power (happened to me 2Xs on this boat), you will be greeted with reasonable charged batteries. I do like that.

hehe

OK I shared the position on TF at 2100 last night. At 0130, the ship had slowed close to Pt. Angeles, presumably to pick up the pilot. At 0500, she was entering Elliot Bay. By 0700 she had moored at Harbor Island in Seattle.

As you see, I'm not at all anxious!

And now it's 0800 so surely you have an update. lol

I strongly recommend you consider solar panels for the boat, as an added backup so when you leave the boat and the power grid goes down, or some kid takes great delight of unplugging your shore power (happened to me 2Xs on this boat), you will be greeted with reasonable charged batteries. I do like that.

Sorry Dan, I’m not being at all clear.
- I do have a single solar panel rated at 365 watts that I added this spring. I really like it and it has been handling the battery charging and refrigeration (a Norcold fridge/freezer and a chest freezer) for a while now.

- I also have a Torqeedo soft panel that I bought with my motor about 7 years ago. It is only used to charge he dinghy motor battery and has worked really well on past trips with our sailboat and last year on our NP43.

Sorry Dan, I’m not being at all clear.
- I do have a single solar panel rated at 365 watts that I added this spring. I really like it and it has been handling the battery charging and refrigeration (a Norcold fridge/freezer and a chest freezer) for a while now.

- I also have a Torqeedo soft panel that I bought with my motor about 7 years ago. It is only used to charge he dinghy motor battery and has worked really well on past trips with our sailboat and last year on our NP43.

That's right, I forgot. The TT35 does not come equipped with a generator nor an A/C

That solar panel for the boat will keep you happy. Go have fun SMILE

Arrival day! We were told to hurry over for a 0800 go at the big ship. We arrived in Roger's Bayliner- the tow boat, only to find a boom around the ship and a refueling barge alongside. We were told things would have to wait until after lunch!

Oh well, with temps climbing into the 80s, there was no better place to cool our heals than the cool waters of Elliot Bay. We had good company, the Helmsman crew- Van, Scott, Roger, and Gary are accomplished mariners so the stories flowed and many of our pent up pile of questions were answered.

The whole event was unforgettable and handled flawlessly by the Helmsman crew. Salish Spirit was towed across Elliot Bay while Van and Scott connected the batteries. After that, the engine started without hesitation and on through the locks on her own power.

Yesterday, Eddie and his crew boarded and promptly tore things up a bit for 6-7 days of installation work. Mark the canvass guy coming again today- have a couple of good ideas from Lisa on how to solve the pilothouse door window covering conundrum. Magnus anchor with 200 ft of chain and 200' of rope installed yesterday.

Haul out this afternoon to install forward sonar transducer, swim step, and thru hull for the watermaker. System checks start tomorrow.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_430.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_430.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 90
  • fullsizeoutput_433.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_433.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 112
  • fullsizeoutput_434.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_434.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 101
Marvelous! Congrats! I'll be there one day....

Back
Top Bottom