Camano East Coast 2019 Rondy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MiltonP

Vessel Name
Think Big
Vessel Make
Camano Troll 2003
Why go to just one Camano gathering when you can go to two? We have just set the date and place for the East Coast Camano Owners (ECCO) Rondy 2019. We will be at Knapp's Narrows Inn and Marina on the Eastern Shore of Maryland 29-31 May. Thursday is the full day and there is a premier event Saturday at the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum in nearby St Michaels for those that want to keep it going.

Visit our website, join ECCO and get more details on our forum. This is the furthest north that our Rondy has been held so hoping to have some new folks from the upper bay and beyond show up.

Camano Owners

Milton: I'm gonna forward this rondy info to the new owner of my boat. His name is Hector and he lives in NYC but has a summer home in Rock Hall, MD.

Could be perfect for him! BTW, I don't see the info on the main screen of ECCO. Do you have to be a member to access it? I didn't renew my membership this year

Last edited:
Not on website, yet!

Need to track down our webmaster and get it added. It is on members forum.

Rondy Update

Our body count is up to nineteen but only three boats. Bummer, but understandable when you consider how stretched out we are with so much fewer boats than on the West coast. I free'd up some of the rooms at the Knapp's Narrows Inn but there shouldn't be any issue with last minute attendees. :thumb:

2019 ECCO Rondy in the Books

Great time at Knapp's Narrows Marina and Tilghman Island. Everything from the service at the Inn and Marina to the food to the hosts at the Watermen's Museum, Phillips Wharf Environmental Center and Captian Wade on the Skipjack cruise were wonderful. The scenery, commercial boat traffic and local criiters all made for a great time. The Country Store supplied great muffins and wraps and Marker 5 next door had great food and service. Would be nice to get more boats but we have a great unplanned group cruise in from Annapolis and out to Broad Creek after.:thumb:

Sounds like you had a good time Milton. Good job on organizing everything.

As to the headcount: Sometimes less is more.....

Ecco ??

Does anyone know if the ECCO is still active ? I have tried emailing a few times but get no response. :banghead:

Just bought a Camano 31 in New Bern NC and brought it up the ICW to MD as my first trip. Loving it !

Does anyone know if the ECCO is still active ? I have tried emailing a few times but get no response. :banghead:

Just bought a Camano 31 in New Bern NC and brought it up the ICW to MD as my first trip. Loving it !

I was a member for a few years and attended on rendezvous. Only three boats showed up and two left so the "Camano Crawl" (people tour each other's boats) consisted of only my boat. Most of the members in attendance were people who had sold their boats but remained members.

There were some other issues that I won't go into, but I decided to not renew my membership and dropped out.

There is a Facebook group for Camano owners that is moderately active. I suggest joining; as Joe Namath says on TV "It's free!"

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CamanoCruisers

You can also access the Pacific owners group forum at:

http://camanopacific.com/phpBB3/index.php

Last edited:
I don't know if there will be another Rendezvous, though the one was tentatively planned before covid for Yorktown. Our forum is still active in terms of technical support. I live aboard at Port Annapolis Marina if you are still in the area.

Thanks for the info @rwidman, @MiltonP. I tried contacting with the email on the ecco website, to no avail. I never got to signup, so never got pw for the forum. My boat is up in Pasadena. Was just at Tilhmans for 2 days over labor day.

Hey GingerMd,

We met you a couple of weeks ago on Tilghman in our C-Dory. Thanks for showing us your boat. The tour convinced my wife that a Troll is our next boat. I found one up in NY and jumped on it. Went up yesterday to look at it, and have a survey next week. If it all goes well I'll be bringing her down in Oct.

Hey TheDory !

Thats great news ! Let me know how it goes and if you have any questions at all ! Def have to meet up on the water. Btw you missed a boat sinking right in the narrows the next morning ! Was crazy !!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom