Camano 31 (classic) Lazarette Hatch Gasket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

demarkie

Vessel Name
State of Mind
The gasket material on the lazarette hatch is looking really bad on my Camano 31. Has anyone replaced theirs? I was interested in what adhesive was used.

Not sure. But I agree that it should be replaced. While you're at it you might as well do the propane locker as well.

Hi, did you replace the gasket? What did you use? I have a leak and was looking to replace over the winter...

Camano31 Hatch Gasket

I have not completed the task. The gasket material is available via Amazon in large quantities. The boat is now on the hard so this will be a next season project.

I just did a Bomar hatch, the gasket material is sized and shaped for the manufacturers hatch. There was adhesive and a peel strip over it on one side of the gasket material when it arrived, you cut it to length and super glue the ends together to make an "O" ring out of it, peel the strip and apply it to the frame. Instruction arrive in the package, it IS as easy as it sounds :)

Shipping to Alaska was more expensive than the gasket :-( I don't recall who I ordered it from, but they will never get my business again due to the shipping method used.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom