Vessel Name: Hour Glass
Vessel Model: Chris Craft 381 Catalina
That blue looks great!
rslifkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 10:04 PM   #1162
Guru

City: Chattanooga
Vessel Model: Helmsman Trawler 38E
Well, we just returned from seeing the boat delivered to the marina we will do partial outfitting in. The driver pulled out on the 9th from Seattle and arrived in Iuka, Ms late on the 14th. It was fun watching the truck back the boat down to the yard (with the fly bridge perched in front), and then lifted off and blocked.

Scott’s team will arrive on January 8th to put the FB back on, other commissioning work, and take us through the systems. After the boat was blocked in the yard, we spent a full day on board. The boat is even more impressive than I remember from my tour of one in Seattle in 2021, and again this fall in Hilton Head.

The heaviness of everything, along with the fit and finish was immediately noticeable. The fit and finishes are just crazy good. Just an extremely well thought out boat, with a lot of space for the size boat. After a day on the boat, we had a nice time driving home and talking about what a good decision we had made to go with Helmsman. We were in touch with Scott for advice on a few things, to ensure the boat is ok until January. He is always available, listens, is supportive, and just great to work with. Helmsman is a first class organization and they produce a tremendous boat.

We will leave the trawler down that way, for a bit, then bring her up to Tennessee for a short stay, then off we go. When I get a little time I will post a pic of the boat. So, she has finished her journey from abroad, and will begin another one shortly!
Helmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 10:18 PM   #1163
Veteran Member

City: Port Ludlow
Vessel Name: Kiskadee
Vessel Model: Helmsman 46 Hull#1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsman View Post
Well, we just returned from seeing the boat delivered to the marina we will do partial outfitting in. The driver pulled out on the 9th from Seattle and arrived in Iuka, Ms late on the 14th. It was fun watching the truck back the boat back down to the yard (with the fly bridge perched in front), and then lifted off and blocked.

Scott’s team will arrive on January 8th to put the FB back on, other commissioning work, and take us through the systems. After the boat was blocked in the yard, we spent a full day on board. The boat is even more impressive than I remember from my tour of one in Seattle in 2021, and again this fall in Hilton Head.

The heaviness of everything, along with the fit and finish was immediately noticeable. The fit and finishes are just crazy good. Just an extremely well thought out boat, with a lot of space for the size boat. After a day on the boat, we had a nice time driving home and talking about what a good decision we had made to go with Helmsman. We were in touch with Scott for advice on a few things, to ensure the boat is ok until January. He is always available, listens, is supportive, and just great to work with. Helmsman is a first class organization and they produce a tremendous boat.

We will leave the trawler down that way, for a bit, then bring her up to Tennessee for a short stay, then off we go. When I get a little time I will post a pic of the boat. So, she has finished her journey from abroad, and will begin another one shortly!
You just repeated the amazing feeling we had when we stepped into the salon of MV Kiskadee for the first time. A quality, well finished interior, spacious and attractive. Nice to hear you are very well pleased. I knew it would be so!! Thanks.
chanprr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 10:46 PM   #1164

City: La Conner
Vessel Name: Alba Bella
Vessel Model: Helmsman 38E (In transit)
Quote:
Well, we just returned from seeing the boat delivered to the marina we will do partial outfitting in. The driver pulled out on the 9th from Seattle and arrived in Iuka, Ms late on the 14th. It was fun watching the truck back the boat back down to the yard (with the fly bridge perched in front), and then lifted off and blocked.

T
I can verify that you have a beautiful boat. I was briefly aboard her in Seattle getting some dimensions for you. I may have similar questions for you.

Our boat is now shrink wrapped again and waiting for a ride home. They put a clear window at the lower helm and a zippered door at the pilothouse to allow piloting her to Port Everglades when her ride home arrives.

When we were boat shopping, we went aboard a 38E that was at Lake Union for some work. Scott just stood by quietly while the boat closed the sale. The quality screamed at us. Since then, I have been aboard some bigger and more expensive boats and was not as impressed as I was with the Helmsman. When our boat comes home, it will have been worth the wait.
Doug_Snider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 11:48 PM   #1165
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug_Snider View Post
I can verify that you have a beautiful boat. I was briefly aboard her in Seattle getting some dimensions for you. I may have similar questions for you.

Our boat is now shrink wrapped again and waiting for a ride home. They put a clear window at the lower helm and a zippered door at the pilothouse to allow piloting her to Port Everglades when her ride home arrives.

When we were boat shopping, we went aboard a 38E that was at Lake Union for some work. Scott just stood by quietly while the boat closed the sale. The quality screamed at us. Since then, I have been aboard some bigger and more expensive boats and was not as impressed as I was with the Helmsman. When our boat comes home, it will have been worth the wait.
Thank you, Doug. Won’t be long and you will be kicked back watching the sunset on her.
Old 12-17-2022, 01:31 AM   #1166

City: Sequim
Vessel Name: M/V Waterhorse
Vessel Model: Awaiting a Helmsman 38E, Hull#52
Quote:
Well, we just returned from seeing the boat delivered to the marina we will do partial outfitting in. The driver pulled out on the 9th from Seattle and arrived in Iuka, Ms late on the 14th. It was fun watching the truck back the boat down to the yard (with the fly bridge perched in front), and then lifted off and blocked.

Congratulations! So glad she has finally arrived! I know it’s been a long journey for you, but definitely worth the wait. Scott and company are certainly the best! We feel privileged to be “almost” owners! Bring on 2023
Nancy n Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 08:08 AM   #1167
FWT
Guru

City: Centreville MD
Vessel Name: Resilient
Vessel Model: Helmsman Trawlers 38E
Wow. Seriously great news.

She's "home" now, and the rest will unfold. Enjoy the moment.

The rest of us watch in envy awaiting our turn.
FWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 11:05 PM   #1168
Veteran Member

City: Henry Island, WA
Vessel Name: Embark
Vessel Model: 38E Helmsman - #51
EmBark

Happy Holidays to everyone!

As we close out 2022, I'm sure you're like us and are anxiously waiting for the 2023 summer season to begin when we'll all be out cruising and exploring in our new Helmsman.

We heard from Scott and our arrival date into Seattle is in February. So, we thought we should get busy and decide on a name. Well, we have and have sent it over to Marguax to do her magic. We chose EmBark because we’ll be beginning our cruising life and for our dog, Lilly. We'll post the final design once we get it.

Can't wait to meet you all on the water.

Jill
Tom-Jill-Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 11:20 PM   #1169
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom-Jill-Lilly View Post

As we close out 2022, I'm sure you're like us and are anxiously waiting for the 2023 summer season to begin when we'll all be out cruising and exploring in our new Helmsman.

We heard from Scott and our arrival date into Seattle is in February. So, we thought we should get busy and decide on a name. Well, we have and have sent it over to Marguax to do her magic. We chose EmBark because we’ll be beginning our cruising life and for our dog, Lilly. We'll post the final design once we get it.

Jill
Congratulations! That is great to hear. I like the name. Will be fun to transition to cruising stories this year.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to all!
Old 12-22-2022, 12:24 AM   #1170

Quote:

Jill
Great news. We may be dockmates on Lake Union. We don’t have a revise ETA but February is possible, we hope. Have a wonderful Christmas. We know you will certainly have a happy New Year.
Old 12-22-2022, 12:44 AM   #1171

City: Davis, California
Vessel Name: Off Leash
Vessel Model: Helmsman 38e
Excellent name! Looking forward to messing around in our respective boats with all of you in the finest cruising grounds anywhere.

Jeff and Barbara and Bernie (woof) and Phyllis (woof, woof)
Old 01-08-2023, 05:10 PM   #1172

Quote:

I hope today is the big day. We look forward to hearing about the commissioning. It’s been kind of quiet on this thread lately. We have no word on when our boat is coming back to the west coast. Hoping to hear updates on the other boats in the Helmsman pipeline.
Old 01-08-2023, 05:59 PM   #1173
Guru

Hey Doug! Van and Kevin will be out here this week to get the flybridge back on the boat, so we should be closing on the boat later in the week. We are collecting the gear we need for the first ride in the boat. Next week we will be back down and get her outfitted, with electronics to follow the next week. That is the plan right now.

Hang in there. I am sure your boat will be booked soon and headed your way just in time for the weather breaking!
Old 01-08-2023, 06:47 PM   #1174
Veteran Member

City: Port Ludlow
Vessel Name: Kiskadee
Vessel Model: Helmsman 46 Hull#1
[QUOTE=Helmsman;1141969]

Exciting times! Scott and Van will do a great job. Just a bit longer and you will be enjoying your new 38E!
chanprr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 08:30 PM   #1175
Veteran Member

That's exciting news, Helmsman. Can't wait to hear more about your experience. Please share tons of photos. We'll live vicariously through you while we wait to hear about EmBark.
Old 01-09-2023, 02:20 PM   #1176
Guru

Smile

Quote:
That's exciting news, Helmsman. Can't wait to hear more about your experience. Please share tons of photos. We'll live vicariously through you while we wait to hear about EmBark.
Will do!
Old 01-10-2023, 10:02 PM   #1177
Veteran Member

Permission to embark on our EmBark!

Hi, Our vessel E/V EmBark now has a final approved design.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Embark!.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	135016

All Dogs are welcome. And a few swabbies.

- Tom
Old 01-10-2023, 10:41 PM   #1178
Veteran Member

Vessel Model: Helmsman 38E
Perfect! That’s going to look great on your boat, shirts, hats, etc. we can’t wait to meet her.
PattiS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 11:49 PM   #1179
Guru

Quote:
Hi, Our vessel E/V EmBark now has a final approved design.

Attachment 135016

All Dogs are welcome. And a few swabbies.

- Tom
Nice!
Old 01-11-2023, 09:41 AM   #1180
Veteran Member

Stern line

Two Truths.. Where did you end up selecting a stern line system design?

A while back, you said:

I am considering three options (but there may be others):
braided polypropylene line stored on a spool (seems the most common)
Ultraline flatrope on a dedicated wheel (expensive)
braided polypropylene line stored in a bag.

I sent a request for pricing to the lady with the bag. That makes sense to me, and after years of crabbing and shrimping, using a basket/tub/bucket/bag to drop the line in works great as long as you don't try and wrap up the line tidy and drop it in - that will create a mess coming out.

Thanks, Tom