Old 10-12-2017, 01:56 PM   #41
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsan View Post
Look on the performance page.

TT 35 Performance
I see. So specifications say 10' and performance page says 10'4". Guess one will need to measure the actual boat. By then it could be any beam. Now in transportation 10' vs 10'4" only makes a difference in one state so not really important.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:57 PM   #42
Curmudgeon

City: Stoney Creek, MD
Vessel Name: Moon Dance
Vessel Model: 1974 34' Marine Trader Sedan
I'm planning on going to the Annapolis show tomorrow. If I do I'll get pics of the TT35 to share.

But I'm really going to look at these: 2520 XL SC - Parker Boats

and to have a breakfast at Chick & Ruth's Delly before it changes too much, now that it's been sold after 52 years in the same family.

And maybe lunch at Davis' Pub. I used to live within walking distance and have had my share of crab cakes and cheeseburgers there.
BaltimoreLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 02:14 PM   #43
Guru

Wifey B: I'd say the TT35 is movable a little like a mobile home. Can be done, but not an every day thing you want to do, not like driving an RV up the road.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:23 PM   #44
Guru

City: Bayview
Vessel Name: Puffin
Vessel Model: Willard Vega 30
Haters gonna hate?
Old 10-12-2017, 02:42 PM   #45
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Cofer View Post
Haters gonna hate?
Or state obvious facts. I'm anxious to hear the reports from the show, but more anxious to see one independently reviewed, a finished product. There's been a tremendous amount of hype. No dates met. No data from an actual finished boat. And conflicting specifications.

Now, my wife thinks it could be cute with some creativity on the paint. I don't even want to think how creative. I see people moving it twice a year between cruising grounds but not monthly.

I don't hate the boat. Can't when there hasn't been one finished, although perhaps Hull 2 is. I do hate the hype and promises missed repeatedly. I have long been a proponent of "outboard trawlers." I think conceptually it makes a lot of sense.

So, love the concept. Hate the repeatedly unmet dates and promises of dates they either knew or should have known couldn't possibly be met. Have no opinion yet of the final boat.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:44 PM   #46
Guru

City: Bayview
Vessel Name: Puffin
Vessel Model: Willard Vega 30
Fair enough!
Old 10-12-2017, 03:20 PM   #47
Guru

City: Satsuma FL
Vessel Name: No Mo Trawla
Vessel Model: Hurricane SS188
Tremendous amount of hype? Really?
Old 10-12-2017, 03:26 PM   #48
Guru

City: Hotel, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
Or state obvious facts.

Here's one you missed.

25% of the posts in this thread alone are negative and written by someone with an obvious agenda.

It's called pattern recognition.

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they've been fooled - Mark Twain
CPseudonym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 04:47 PM   #49

City: Key West, FL
Vessel Name: Semper Fi
Vessel Model: 2005 Great Harbour N37
Quote:
Or state obvious facts. I'm anxious to hear the reports from the show, but more anxious to see one independently reviewed, a finished product. There's been a tremendous amount of hype. No dates met. No data from an actual finished boat. And conflicting specifications.

Now, my wife thinks it could be cute with some creativity on the paint. I don't even want to think how creative. I see people moving it twice a year between cruising grounds but not monthly.

I don't hate the boat. Can't when there hasn't been one finished, although perhaps Hull 2 is. I do hate the hype and promises missed repeatedly. I have long been a proponent of "outboard trawlers." I think conceptually it makes a lot of sense.

So, love the concept. Hate the repeatedly unmet dates and promises of dates they either knew or should have known couldn't possibly be met. Have no opinion yet of the final boat.
Five boating magazines that I am aware of published articles either online or in print in the summer and fall of 2016 stating that Mirage would have a TT35 ready for the Annapolis Boat Show starting on October 13th, 2016 or completed shortly thereafter. Included in this group was PassageMaker, Soundings and Boating magazines.

The September 2016 issue of the Great Harbour Trawler Times had the following TT35 update:

The painstaking process of perfecting the mold tooling for the TT35 is finally over, and within a few weeks we will have hull number one ready for preliminary water testing. Our initial hope was to have the boat ready for public showing at the 2016 Annapolis Powerboat Show. That might still be possible if we were willing to pull some late nights and rush the interior work. Most every boat builder has stories of how they were still adding final details to a new model as it arrived at the show. But that's not us. We like to get things right, and if that means taking a bit more time, so be it. We are still looking at a Fall completion date, but in Florida, and closer to Thanksgiving. Between now and then, the pace will pick up and you'll begin to see more frequent updates on our Facebook page and in the October issue of the newsletter.

The October issue of Trawler Times did not have a TT35 update, but a post dated October 11, 2016 on the Great Harbour Trawler FB page was very clear as to the status of the TT35 project:

IT'S OUT OF THE BARN - We just rolled the molds for the TT35 out of the tooling bay. Inside those big red shells are the hull and the deck plug for hull number one. We'll post more photos as soon as we lift and separate these large parts and get ready to start building boats!

So two days before last year's Annapolis Boat Show; Mirage was getting ready to "start building boats". Exactly one year to the day after that October 11, FB post, Hull #2 was on display at D Dock (having been completed the week before) awaiting the opening of the 2017 Annapolis Boat Show the next day. Hull #1 remains unfinished.

I understand that building a new boat from scratch is a complex undertaking, but the builder needs to be realistic and forthcoming when discussing the project with the boating media and potential customers. Over promising and under delivering is a poor model for any business.

Island Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 05:59 PM   #50
Guru

City: Carefree, Arizona
Vessel Name: sunchaser V
Vessel Model: DeFever 48 (sold)
Quote:

And who would do the independent review? Amazing how many people have their panties in a wad over this vessel. Puzzling in fact. I guess I don't know the back story.
sunchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 06:06 PM   #51
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunchaser View Post
And who would do the independent review? Amazing how many people have their panties in a wad over this vessel. Puzzling in fact. I guess I don't know the back story.
Boattest, Passagemaker. It won't be a totally independent review, as we all know. However, could have some valuable information. At least test numbers under real conditions with a boat that has been delivered to it's buyer.
Old 10-12-2017, 06:32 PM   #52
Guru

City: Groton, CT
Vessel Name: Datenight
Vessel Model: North Pacific 45
[QUOTE=BaltimoreLurker;600807]I'm planning on going to the Annapolis show tomorrow. If I do I'll get pics of the TT35 to share.

Hi Baltimore we will be there in the afternoon. Would love to meet you 860-885-8382.

Rob
Old 10-12-2017, 06:50 PM   #53

City: North Port, FL
Vessel Name: Seven Tenths (sold)
Vessel Model: Mirage / Great Harbour 47
Planning to be aboard tomorrow to take a look around. The last time I was on the boat, it had just had the windows installed.
HenryD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 07:13 PM   #54
Guru

City: San Diego
Vessel Model: Helmsman 4304
Not sure what the major fuss is, or why so much complaining.

Looks like an interesting concept that will work for some people.

Pictures of the various boats at the show would be nice see if anyone has a chance to post up.
Fletcher500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 07:32 PM   #55
Guru

City: Fort Myers, FL... Summers in the Great Lakes
Vessel Name: Slow Hand
Vessel Model: Cherubini Independence 45
I would like to see how it performs in seas. I like the concept of an outboard trawler, but keep wondering on a 35' boat do those smaller outboards come prop out of water or will the powerheads take a dunk. I know we've not talking a passagemaker here, but if you get caught in an afternoon thunder storm squall on Chesapeake Bay, what happens in 4 to 5' seas?

Ted
"Slow Hand" by The Pointer Sisters
O C Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 09:26 PM   #56
Guru

City: Kitimat, North Coast BC
Vessel Name: Badger
Vessel Model: 30' Sundowner Tug
Quote:
Originally Posted by O C Diver View Post
I would like to see how it performs in seas. I like the concept of an outboard trawler, but keep wondering on a 35' boat do those smaller outboards come prop out of water or will the powerheads take a dunk. I know we've not talking a passagemaker here, but if you get caught in an afternoon thunder storm squall on Chesapeake Bay, what happens in 4 to 5' seas?
As a former sea kayaker, you just become more sensitive to weather and plan accordingly.

The home run hit with this boat is you can explore the Atlantic, Pacific, and Arctic coastlines, as well as lakes and rivers accessible by road with a suitable boat launch in the middle bits of the continent. That's a mind boggling amount of potential.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:51 PM   #57
Guru

City: Concrete Washington State
Vessel Name: Willy
Vessel Model: Willard Nomad 30'
Quote:

Ted
Ted I'm with you again.
I don't see these boats as trawlers. They are outboards w trawler overtones .. mostly in appearance. Cdory advertises their boats as trailerable trawlers but flat bottomed light outboards will have a hard time becoming trawlers in my book.

That said (while the tomatoes fly) I like most of them a lot. Outboards have always been #1 for me and I don't see them as inferior. But holding them up as something they aren't will mostly fly only among owners of these boats. The word and the concept is very vogue and I'll not go into why.

The best of these utility tainted OB boats mostly look like lobsterboats .. IMO.

North Western Washington State USA
Nomad Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 08:42 AM   #58
Guru

City: Annapolis
Vessel Name: Ranger
Vessel Model: 58' Sedan Bridge
Quote:

Probably no worse than all the various outboard-powered CCs and cuddies and so forth... and the afternoon thunderstorms usually come with enough warning. (Realize not always, of course, but we're rarely caught by surprise.)

Those other styles would likely get folks off the water faster, but that's usually the course of action when the chop here gets that bad. That includes us, too!

-Chris
Old 10-13-2017, 09:01 AM   #59
Guru

City: Victoria TX
Vessel Name: Bijou
Vessel Model: 2008 Island Packet PY/SP
TT35 at the Annapolis Boat Show

With the speed of this boat, wouldn't it be able to outrun the swell and not get pooped?

Or maybe that Chesapeake chop is too steep to go much over hull speed. I've never experienced it so don't know.
cardude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 09:12 AM   #60
Guru

City: Aventura FL
Vessel Name: Kinja
Vessel Model: American Tug 34 #116 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyday View Post
Gotta love those wide angle camera shots. "Object may appear smaller in real life."

I stopped reading when I got to the part about "Composting toilet system".