Old 07-30-2018, 09:45 AM   #21
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale
Regardless of anything else, Cabana is a salvaged boat and should be priced and valued accordingly and it should be fully disclosed by anyone selling it now or ever in the future.

BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 07:05 AM   #22
Guru

City: Satsuma FL/Daytona Beach Shores
Vessel Name: No Mo Trawla
Vessel Model: Hurricane SS188
The latest attempt to sell Cabana, formerly Esmeralda, involves repricing at $259K, moving her to Ft Lauderdale and listing with another broker. There is now a listing on Yachtworld that again fails to mention she is a salvage. The broker states "all info is according to seller" but allegedly, more info and pics coming soon. For good measure a custom matching 16' skiff with cover and trailer is included. Wonder if that is likewise a salvage?

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/200...g#.W8hzL_YpARA

Old 10-20-2018, 08:14 AM   #23

City: Key West, FL
Vessel Name: Semper Fi
Vessel Model: 2005 Great Harbour N37
Cabana Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsan View Post
The latest attempt to sell Cabana, formerly Esmeralda, involves repricing at $259K, moving her to Ft Lauderdale and listing with another broker. There is now a listing on Yachtworld that again fails to mention she is a salvage. The broker states "all info is according to seller" but allegedly, more info and pics coming soon. For good measure a custom matching 16' skiff with cover and trailer is included. Wonder if that is likewise a salvage?

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/200...g#.W8hzL_YpARA

We saw Cabana near Sebastian, FL on our way to Key West from New Bern, NC in mid-September. We hailed them on Channel 16 with no response. They had manually dropped their anchor on a sandbar that appears to be a rather popular and fun place to hang out. She looks good, but she will always be a salvage boat and there is no way to hide that information from a buyer who does even a modicum of due diligence.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07822.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	149.2 KB
ID:	82110   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07897.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	82111   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07898.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	82112  
Island Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 04:53 PM   #24
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Bound View Post
We saw Cabana near Sebastian, FL on our way to Key West from New Bern, NC in mid-September. We hailed them on Channel 16 with no response. They had manually dropped their anchor on a sandbar that appears to be a rather popular and fun place to hang out. She looks good, but she will always be a salvage boat and there is no way to hide that information from a buyer who does even a modicum of due diligence.

Sounds like you were trying to interfere with a photo shoot...haha.

Glad to hear you made it out of New Bern before Florence! Did you luck out or run it out intentionally? We were sweating it in North FL and even put the shudders down on the condo.
Old 10-27-2018, 02:47 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsan View Post
Sounds like you were trying to interfere with a photo shoot...haha.

Glad to hear you made it out of New Bern before Florence! Did you luck out or run it out intentionally? We were sweating it in North FL and even put the shudders down on the condo.

Hi Don,

It was more luck than intentions. I have sent you an e-mail with more details, but we left New Bern on the afternoon of September 4th as originally planned. Ninety-seven hours later we were in Saint Simons, GA, well south of the eventual path of Florence.
Old 04-25-2019, 03:18 PM   #26

City: Miami
Thank you very much for posting the pictures. I went to a showing of Cabanas, the seller failed to show up. I spoke to him on the phone, and his attitude was that the submerged engines were no big deal, as the wiring harness had been replaced and Yanmar had checked them out. He replaced no other wiring in the boat. Then he told me it was $100,000 underpriced. He would not have mentioned the hurricane damage had I not known, so thank you very much
Craighershoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 07:02 AM   #27

City: West Palm Beach and Ortona, Florida
Vessel Name: Buena Veeda, Sea Wee
Vessel Model: SeaVee 290i Yanmar 370, Boston Whaler 130 SS
Is Cabana the N37 that Pop yachts has listed for around $239,000?
Scubawpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 07:19 AM   #28

City: Miami
Itís the same boat, no disclosure
Craighershoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 02:07 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawpb View Post
Is Cabana the N37 that Pop yachts has listed for around $239,000?
The 23rd N37 in the series is currently under construction at the Mirage facility in Gainesville, FL. When finished, it will be the 58th full displacement Great Harbour Trawler launched. With the exception of the GH37 destroyed in an arson fire in 2012, there are 56 Great Harbour Trawlers on the water, including Cabana (formerly Esmeralda). With the recent sale of the N37 Young America, I am unaware of any current N37 sales listing except for Cabana.

The first N37 was built in 2002 and quickly became the most popular model in the Great Harbour Trawler lineup, with more than half the remaining trawlers built since then being N37s. Because of their popularity, N37s are typically not on the market very long when offered for sale. Cabana has been listed for sale under various yacht brokers and internet sales sites (e-Bay, Craigslist, etc.) for well over a year within a wide pricing band. None of the ads that I have read notes that Cabana was a hurricane damaged boat.
Old 07-09-2019, 02:40 PM   #30
TF Site Team

City: Paris,TN
Vessel Name: William
Vessel Model: Outer reef 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Bound View Post
The 23rd N37 in the series is currently under construction at the Mirage facility in Gainesville, FL. When finished, it will be the 58th full displacement Great Harbour Trawler launched. With the exception of the GH37 destroyed in an arson fire in 2012, there are 56 Great Harbour Trawlers on the water, including Cabana (formerly Esmeralda). With the recent sale of the N37 Young America, I am unaware of any current N37 sales listing except for Cabana.

The first N37 was built in 2002 and quickly became the most popular model in the Great Harbour Trawler lineup, with more than half the remaining trawlers built since then being N37s. Because of their popularity, N37s are typically not on the market very long when offered for sale. Cabana has been listed for sale under various yacht brokers and internet sales sites (e-Bay, Craigslist, etc.) for well over a year within a wide pricing band. None of the ads that I have read notes that Cabana was a hurricane damaged boat.
Just noticed this morning that Jack of Hearts is for sale on YW Dighton ,MA.229k
Old 07-09-2019, 04:37 PM   #31
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack Mule View Post
Just noticed this morning that Jack of Hearts is for sale on YW Dighton ,MA.229k

Gotta a link?
Old 07-09-2019, 06:12 PM   #32

City: West Palm Beach and Ortona, Florida
Vessel Name: Buena Veeda, Sea Wee
Vessel Model: SeaVee 290i Yanmar 370, Boston Whaler 130 SS
It should be the only Trawler listed with a length of 3'.
https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/200...dard%20listing
Scubawpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 09:57 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack Mule View Post
Hi Marty,

I saw that after I posted today. Jack of Hearts used to have a red hull and was photographed with Semper Fi in the Bahamas in the below photo from the Great Harbour website:

https://www.greatharbourtrawlers.com/n37.html
Old 12-30-2019, 01:19 AM   #34

City: Whidbey Island WA
Vessel Name: MV Kika
Vessel Model: Selene 47 Ocean Trawler
Great Harbour N37

Island Bound, from reading your posts, can I assume there in not a single N37 on the west coast?
Old 12-30-2019, 01:23 AM   #35

City: Jacksonville, FL
Vessel Name: Seven Tenths (is for SALE)
Vessel Model: Mirage / Great Harbour 47
NWBoater,
I believe there are only three boats west of the Mississippi - one GH37 in Hawaii, one GH37 near Seattle and one N37 in Texas.
HenryD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 12:00 PM   #36
Veteran Member

City: Gulfport
The Hawaii boat was an N37. Not sure what hull number but it was advertised for sale a year or so ago. Was in rough shape. I remember seeing the GH37 listed for sale in Seattle awhile back. Looked a little rough also if memory serves.

Island Bound has the details I'm sure.
Plane Nauti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 01:50 PM   #37

City: UK East coast
I Don't know if you remember the GH 37 'Premium time'. It featured in a murder case, and was burned to the waterline, well it's for sale again as Premium time, nice refurb job, ready to sail at $495K. On You tube.
carricko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 06:48 PM   #38
Veteran Member

City: Gulfport
Quote:
Originally Posted by carricko View Post
I Don't know if you remember the GH 37 'Premium time'. It featured in a murder case, and was burned to the waterline, well it's for sale again as Premium time, nice refurb job, ready to sail at $495K. On You tube.

That's not the original "Premium Time". That one was painted and named for the movie. It is actually a GH47.

Plane Nauti is offline   Reply With Quote