Surveyors in Everett WA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RonR

Guru
Vessel Name
Triton
Vessel Make
48' Golden Egg Harbor
Looks like we found our boat, I would like to do a out of water Survey on it. Does anyone recommend anyone in Everett area?

1971 Egg Harbor 33' Twin Gas.

Attachments

• egg.jpg
    egg.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 52
Matt Harris

Nice looking boat! Classic lines. You going to keep it has or repower? I’ll bet it burns a lot of fuel as is.

Nice looking boat! Classic lines. You going to keep it has or repower? I’ll bet it burns a lot of fuel as is.

It was re-powered a few years ago. Twin Chev 350's, ya it will burn a bit of fuel. But fun is never cheap.

My recommendation, do the survey after it has been pouring rain for a few hours, easy to do in the Pacific North West.

I had an older Catalina 27 surveyed in North Vancouver while on the hard, everything was in great shape. Or so I thought. When it rained, won't go into the reasons why, but I renamed the boat - the "leaky Cauldron."

My recommendation, do the survey after it has been pouring rain for a few hours, easy to do in the Pacific North West.

I had an older Catalina 27 surveyed in North Vancouver while on the hard, everything was in great shape. Or so I thought. When it rained, won't go into the reasons why, but I renamed the boat - the "leaky Cauldron."

I bought a SoCal Catalina 400. When I did the sea trial and survey in August, the boat was bone dry. Nothing but a little dust in the bilge.

I moved it to Tacoma and that winter I discovered a significant leak. It took me at least 4 years before I was able tracked it down and fixed it.

I had a good result with Steve Berg Berg Marine Surveys

I think he works that whole region.

Steve did the survey on my 2010 North Pacific 43 when I bought it in 2016. He did a decent job and I was satisfied with his work. The report he gave me. It was well laid out and very clear. The report wasn't 100% accurate, but I doubt that any survey is.

I often don't mention him for fear of damning with faint praise. However, I would have no qualms about hiring him again to do another purchase survey. He was really easy to work with and we were able to do a sea trial, survey, mechanical survey, and haul and hang all on the same morning. I even changed the zincs as the boat was hanging.

I believe he is based in Annacortes and he did the survey for me in Everett. The last phone number I have for him is 360 301-6879.

Back
Top Bottom