Sea trials

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Question on your post. You stated above that you put in an offer . . . but have questions about the contract, and apparently haven't signed it yet . . . soooo, it sounds like you floated a price with the broker, then he sent you the contract for you to sign and return with the deposit? Technically you haven't put in an offer . . .
Great advice but query the quoted part above.
I know some brokers insist on offers in writing (I had one require the offer in writing in a form constituting the Sale Agreement which the Seller could accept whereupon it became binding), but there is no reason, here at least, a Buyer cannot make an oral offer. I`ve made offers by email, no deposit no contract, and made one of the conditions of the offer "Subject to Contract in an acceptable form",so I`m not bound until there is a formal Agreement.

Great advice but query the quoted part above.
I know some brokers insist on offers in writing (I had one require the offer in writing in a form constituting the Sale Agreement which the Seller could accept whereupon it became binding), but there is no reason, here at least, a Buyer cannot make an oral offer. I`ve made offers by email, no deposit no contract, and made one of the conditions of the offer "Subject to Contract in an acceptable form",so I`m not bound until there is a formal Agreement.

Good point. I'm just more used to written offers. In my limited experience, someone making a verbal offer to see if it is accepted generally is a perspective buyer just trying to get a new "selling price" that he can bargain down from . . . Maybe I'm just to cynical!:D

Thanks so much for this resource. We are heading to NY from FL to sea trial a GB 42. Hoping all goes well.

Thanks so much for this resource. We are heading to NY from FL to sea trial a GB 42. Hoping all goes well.

If you end up needing an engine and hull surveyor in sw Florida, pm me, I can help.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom