Old 02-25-2020, 05:53 PM   #121
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowgoesit View Post
Question on your post. You stated above that you put in an offer . . . but have questions about the contract, and apparently haven't signed it yet . . . soooo, it sounds like you floated a price with the broker, then he sent you the contract for you to sign and return with the deposit? Technically you haven't put in an offer . . .
Great advice but query the quoted part above.
I know some brokers insist on offers in writing (I had one require the offer in writing in a form constituting the Sale Agreement which the Seller could accept whereupon it became binding), but there is no reason, here at least, a Buyer cannot make an oral offer. I`ve made offers by email, no deposit no contract, and made one of the conditions of the offer "Subject to Contract in an acceptable form",so I`m not bound until there is a formal Agreement.

BruceK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 04:58 PM   #122
Guru

City: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceK View Post
Great advice but query the quoted part above.
I know some brokers insist on offers in writing (I had one require the offer in writing in a form constituting the Sale Agreement which the Seller could accept whereupon it became binding), but there is no reason, here at least, a Buyer cannot make an oral offer. I`ve made offers by email, no deposit no contract, and made one of the conditions of the offer "Subject to Contract in an acceptable form",so I`m not bound until there is a formal Agreement.

Good point. I'm just more used to written offers. In my limited experience, someone making a verbal offer to see if it is accepted generally is a perspective buyer just trying to get a new "selling price" that he can bargain down from . . . Maybe I'm just to cynical!

slowgoesit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 05:05 PM   #123

City: North Palm Beach
Thanks so much for this resource. We are heading to NY from FL to sea trial a GB 42. Hoping all goes well.
TrawlerGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 07:52 AM   #124
ljk

City: Fort Myers FL
Vessel Name: Hobie Kayak
Vessel Model: Passport 12.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrawlerGal View Post
Thanks so much for this resource. We are heading to NY from FL to sea trial a GB 42. Hoping all goes well.
If you end up needing an engine and hull surveyor in sw Florida, pm me, I can help.

ljk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
purchase, sea trial