My Recommendations for Buying a Boat in Pensacola, FL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
M1021:. You reference an elevated engine temperature during your sea trial. We are looking at similar set up so would be interested in hearing what you may have found to be the cause. Thx.

M1021:. You reference an elevated engine temperature during your sea trial. We are looking at similar set up so would be interested in hearing what you may have found to be the cause. Thx.

Congrats. As to overtemp and flushing, I suggest you remove the heat exchangers and have them professionally cleaned. Since you don’t know the boat, and are not 100% sure the over temp was due to build up, you need more info.
Inspecting the heat exchangers will confirm their condition now, and the cleaning will give you a baseline for recording temps going forward. In the future you can flush and then compare temps before and after, and determine how often that is necessary, based on your logs.
Replace the raw water impeller while you are at it, but I am sure the surveyor already said that.

m1021: Awesome! Congrats on finding your dream boat. You were treated with respect and professionalism during the buying experience and that's always great to hear. Your enthusiasm is a great reminder of why we do this. Keep us posted on your refit experiences and your adventures on her.

John

Congrats. As to overtemp and flushing, I suggest you remove the heat exchangers and have them professionally cleaned. Since you don’t know the boat, and are not 100% sure the over temp was due to build up, you need more info.
Inspecting the heat exchangers will confirm their condition now, and the cleaning will give you a baseline for recording temps going forward. In the future you can flush and then compare temps before and after, and determine how often that is necessary, based on your logs.
Replace the raw water impeller while you are at it, but I am sure the surveyor already said that.

+1

Back
Top Bottom