Liability only insurance for 55' steel trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rgano

Guru
Vessel Name
FROLIC
Vessel Make
Mainship 30 Pilot II since 2015. GB-42 1986-2015. Former Unlimited Tonnage Master
A friend who has had liability with Geiko for I don't know how many years has informed me that Geiko told him they are no longer insuring steel boats. I wonder how many other steel boat owners they are dumping?

He asked me if I knew anybody who was writing liability only for a steelie, but I have no clue. Anybody have more info on where to look?

https://www.hagerty.com/insurance/boat-insurance/

They insure boats in US and Canadian waters out to 25 miles. They do wood, steel and boats under refit. Most brokers can sell Hagerty or you can go direct.

Also commercial marine insurance that insures fishing boats. I now of a halibut schooner over 100 years old, still fishing, still insured.

And brokers can use sources like Lloyds.

A friend who has had liability with Geiko for I don't know how many years has informed me that Geiko told him they are no longer insuring steel boats. I wonder how many other steel boat owners they are dumping?

He asked me if I knew anybody who was writing liability only for a steelie, but I have no clue. Anybody have more info on where to look?

Yup- I can help. PM me the details...

can you help with my 1970 Defever wood?

I do have markets for wood vessels- there are oftentimes some hoops to jump thru, but I'll do all I can for you!

Peter

Back
Top Bottom