Insurance question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm so sorry, that really sucks. I was hoping it would help you out.
It still may be worthwhile filing a complaint with the Texas Office of the Attorney General. Just contacting your insurance company and telling that you are not satisfied with their use of "betterment", and ask them to reply to you stating their position, as well as sending a copy to the Office of the Attorney General, File # "xxx". Once you file a complaint, you will receive a file number, and even if the Office of the Insurance Commissioner told you on the phone it doesn't apply, it will make the insurance company reply to the State . . . They HATE to do that, just might pay off to avoid having to justify themselves. Worth a shot anyway. . . .

This ^^^^.

Years ago, ok, decades at this point :eek:, my area had been hit by a few hurricanes. The insurance company told a coworker they were dropping his policy even though he had had no claims. I suggested he contact the insurance commission, he did, and his insurance was not dropped.

I wish I had filed a complaint against Nationwide decades ago when the lied, and lied and lied to me about a claim, but I was young and dumb. :nonono:

I have had several claims over the decades involving cars. Two claims with different companies, NC Farm Bureau was one and I can't remember the other company, and both were handled most excellently and fairly. No complaints at all from me, in fact, nothing but praise. Nationwide just lied and was up my backside. I did not know I could complain to the Department of Insurance, if I had, I would have filed a complaint.

Later,
Dan

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom