I'm still alive and breathing...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pau Hana

Guru
Commercial Member
Vessel Name
Pau Hana
Vessel Make
1989 PT52 Overseas Yachtfisher
Hi, all- A few of you have reached to me over the past month of so, and I humbly apologize for my lack of response. Between my wife and I getting COVID, and my father in law's hospice challenges, it's been rough.

I'm doing my best to catch up, and appreciate your patience.

Pete

Greetings,

iu

Glad to hear you are still on the green side of the grass!

Ted

Glad you’re back.

The devil whispered in my ear
"you are not strong enough to withstand this storm."

Today I whispered in the devil's ear
"I AM the storm."

A friend shared that with me when I was undergoing chemo treatments. It became my motto and you are free to use it if you choose.

Good luck and God Bless.

No retreat, no reserve, no regrets.

A quote from an obscure man that's inspired me in the hard seasons of life.
All the best to you and your family.

What times we are living ( and otherwise). Glad you’re doing the living thing but so sorry for the hardship facing us in so many dimensions it seems. I sure hope we’re learning something from this.

Glad you are back. Sorry to hear of all the personal issues. Get better!

Glad to see you are on the mend Pete. One person going through that crap is bad enough, both of you dealing with it must have been a serious challenge. If you need anything, ask.

Good to see you back. Hopefully everything comes back together well.

Sorry to hear of the troubles, glad you came through it.

Hi Peter:

That's quite a storm you and your family have weathered/are weathering. I hope your wife is hanging in there with her Dad in Hospice; that takes a terrible toll because it involves just waiting for the unavoidable end.

Do y'all have any lasting effects from your covid infections?

Warm Regards,
Mrs. Trombley

Pete, you have a lot on your plate. Small bites and chew slowly.
Dan.

Best wishes, may everything go as you hope.

The good will always triumph! Of course I'm not necessarily an example of that, just something I've heard.......

Oh man, sorry to hear about this Peter. Hope you and the fam all come out the far side okay.

Peter, my best to you all for a complete recovery, and I am sorry about your FIL; that’s a very tough road to walk…

Peter,
While we have not met, I have stumbled down a parallel path. I could lean on my wife , I expect it is a lot tougher to watch your bride struggle with the same illness. My condolences for your loss, that just adds to the load. Good luck with your recovery and know there are a lot of unknown friends praying for you.
Bill

Sorry for your family’s loss. May the healing begin.

Thanks, all.

Fulvio Steven LaFranchi - 10/21/1925- 10/06/2021. US Army and US Navy WWII veteran, Pacific Campaigns. An excellent father, grandfather, and great-grandfather. He lived well, and it's time for him to rest.

This too shall pass. Carry on.

Peter, I provide condolences for the gentleman who passed. Giving my best wishes for you and your wife's health. May the remainder of 2021 and the oncoming years treat you and yours very well. - Art

Peter: Peace to Fulvio LaFranchi, and to all his beloveds. Peace and health to you and yours.

Thanks, all.

Fulvio Steven LaFranchi - 10/21/1925- 10/06/2021. US Army and US Navy WWII veteran, Pacific Campaigns. An excellent father, grandfather, and great-grandfather. He lived well, and it's time for him to rest.

Wifey B: I'm going to say three words that may surprise but then try to explain.

Rejoice in Grief

Sounds paradoxical, but it really does fit. See, the real basis of grieving after a death is all the wonderful memories from one's life. Excellent father, grandfather, great grandfather, lived well. Good man. Left great memories and as you work through the grief, more and more you'll find yourself thinking of the great times and rejoicing that you have them, even now as his time on earth has ended.

I speak a bit from opposite experience, having never lost anyone I love to death but hubby and I sort of adopted parents in our adult years and I know how horrible I'm going to find their deaths when they come. But I compare to the deaths of our birth fathers and neither of us felt any sadness over the death, just the emptiness of not feeling. We could only imagine at those times what others like you go through. Even today, we haven't been through what you're going through. However, I do feel that having grief over the death of a father is a horrible and wonderful experience at the same time.

The following words are often misinterpreted as having something to do with the failure of romance, but they were not that. They are from Alfred Lord Tennyson's "In Memoriam A. H. H." It was originally entitled "The Way of the Soul" and was quite lengthy in revealing his thoughts on the death of his close friend. I offer only these four lines but highly recommend the entire poem.

I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

My thoughts are with you. Just treasure the sorrow you feel. :(:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom