Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-06-2021, 01:47 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Spinner's Avatar
 
City: Richmond, BC
Vessel Name: Spinner
Vessel Model: 2003 Nordic Tug 42
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 458
I am so very sorry.
__________________
Regards

Sue
42 Nordic Tug Spinner
Spinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 05:56 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
bnoft's Avatar
 
City: Henrico, Va
Vessel Name: Amazing Grace
Vessel Model: Ocean Alexander 52 Sedan
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 287
Peter,
While we have not met, I have stumbled down a parallel path. I could lean on my wife , I expect it is a lot tougher to watch your bride struggle with the same illness. My condolences for your loss, that just adds to the load. Good luck with your recovery and know there are a lot of unknown friends praying for you.
Bill
bnoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 06:31 PM   #23
Guru
 
Moonfish's Avatar


 
City: Port Townsend, WA
Vessel Name: Traveler
Vessel Model: Cheoy Lee 46 LRC
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,321
Sorry for your family’s loss. May the healing begin.
__________________
Darren
Port Townsend, WA
m/v Traveler - '79 Cheoy Lee 46 LRC
https://www.pacificnwboatertested.com
Moonfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 06:49 PM   #24
Enigma
 
RT Firefly's Avatar
 
City: Slicker?
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 14,942
Greetings,
Mr. PH. Deepest condolences.
__________________
RTF
RT Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 07:15 PM   #25
Member
 
BamaRican's Avatar
 
City: Duluth
Join Date: Aug 2021
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pau Hana View Post
Papason died today- it sucks.


I’m so sorry for your loss. Prayers and blessings to you and yours.
BamaRican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 07:21 PM   #26
Guru
 
Pau Hana's Avatar


 
City: Seattle, WA
Vessel Name: Pau Hana
Vessel Model: 1989 PT52 Overseas Yachtfisher
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,569
Thanks, all.

Fulvio Steven LaFranchi - 10/21/1925- 10/06/2021. US Army and US Navy WWII veteran, Pacific Campaigns. An excellent father, grandfather, and great-grandfather. He lived well, and it's time for him to rest.
__________________
Peter- Marine Insurance Guru & tuna fishing addict!

1989 52' PT Overseas yachtfisher
Pau Hana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 07:27 PM   #27
Guru
 
rgano's Avatar
 
City: Southport, FL near Panama City
Vessel Name: FROLIC
Vessel Model: Mainship 30 Pilot II since 2015. GB-42 1986-2015. Former Unlimited Tonnage Master
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,829
This too shall pass. Carry on.
__________________
Rich Gano
FROLIC (2005 MainShip 30 Pilot II)
Panama City area
rgano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 08:02 PM   #28
Art
Guru
 
Art's Avatar
 
City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 11,510
Peter, I provide condolences for the gentleman who passed. Giving my best wishes for you and your wife's health. May the remainder of 2021 and the oncoming years treat you and yours very well. - Art
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 08:44 PM   #29
Guru
 
Blissboat's Avatar
 
City: Jacksonville Beach, FL
Vessel Model: Back in the market looking
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 794
Peter: Peace to Fulvio LaFranchi, and to all his beloveds. Peace and health to you and yours.
__________________
"Less judgment than wit is more sail than ballast. Yet it must be confessed that wit give an edge to sense, and recommends it extremely." ~ William Penn
Blissboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 09:01 AM   #30
Guru
 
BandB's Avatar
 
City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 20,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pau Hana View Post
Thanks, all.

Fulvio Steven LaFranchi - 10/21/1925- 10/06/2021. US Army and US Navy WWII veteran, Pacific Campaigns. An excellent father, grandfather, and great-grandfather. He lived well, and it's time for him to rest.
Wifey B: I'm going to say three words that may surprise but then try to explain.

Rejoice in Grief

Sounds paradoxical, but it really does fit. See, the real basis of grieving after a death is all the wonderful memories from one's life. Excellent father, grandfather, great grandfather, lived well. Good man. Left great memories and as you work through the grief, more and more you'll find yourself thinking of the great times and rejoicing that you have them, even now as his time on earth has ended.

I speak a bit from opposite experience, having never lost anyone I love to death but hubby and I sort of adopted parents in our adult years and I know how horrible I'm going to find their deaths when they come. But I compare to the deaths of our birth fathers and neither of us felt any sadness over the death, just the emptiness of not feeling. We could only imagine at those times what others like you go through. Even today, we haven't been through what you're going through. However, I do feel that having grief over the death of a father is a horrible and wonderful experience at the same time.

The following words are often misinterpreted as having something to do with the failure of romance, but they were not that. They are from Alfred Lord Tennyson's "In Memoriam A. H. H." It was originally entitled "The Way of the Soul" and was quite lengthy in revealing his thoughts on the death of his close friend. I offer only these four lines but highly recommend the entire poem.

I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.


My thoughts are with you. Just treasure the sorrow you feel.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 09:34 AM   #31
Member
 
BamaRican's Avatar
 
City: Duluth
Join Date: Aug 2021
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
Wifey B: I'm going to say three words that may surprise but then try to explain.



Rejoice in Grief



Sounds paradoxical, but it really does fit. See, the real basis of grieving after a death is all the wonderful memories from one's life. Excellent father, grandfather, great grandfather, lived well. Good man. Left great memories and as you work through the grief, more and more you'll find yourself thinking of the great times and rejoicing that you have them, even now as his time on earth has ended.



I speak a bit from opposite experience, having never lost anyone I love to death but hubby and I sort of adopted parents in our adult years and I know how horrible I'm going to find their deaths when they come. But I compare to the deaths of our birth fathers and neither of us felt any sadness over the death, just the emptiness of not feeling. We could only imagine at those times what others like you go through. Even today, we haven't been through what you're going through. However, I do feel that having grief over the death of a father is a horrible and wonderful experience at the same time.



The following words are often misinterpreted as having something to do with the failure of romance, but they were not that. They are from Alfred Lord Tennyson's "In Memoriam A. H. H." It was originally entitled "The Way of the Soul" and was quite lengthy in revealing his thoughts on the death of his close friend. I offer only these four lines but highly recommend the entire poem.



I hold it true, whate'er befall;

I feel it when I sorrow most;

'Tis better to have loved and lost

Than never to have loved at all.




My thoughts are with you. Just treasure the sorrow you feel.


When my close friend died playing volleyball with a bunch of men. That night as I was heartbroken a friend of mine from Boston asked me

“What’s good about this?”

After I rudely questioned his remark he told me that’s just my pain speaking but my heart would answer that question.

As hard as it is to ask it during hard times, asking what’s good about (blank), turns your heart towards gratitude instead of darkness.

When I gave it a good shot I remembered all the good times with my friend and all the good he did.

Hope this helps.
BamaRican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 12:11 PM   #32
Guru
 
OldDan1943's Avatar
 
City: Aventura FL
Vessel Name: Kinja
Vessel Model: American Tug 34 #116
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 8,782
It is now time to celebrate his life.
__________________
The meek will inherit the earth but, the brave will inherit the seas.
OldDan1943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 02:54 PM   #33
Guru
 
Conrad's Avatar
 
City: Calgary
Vessel Name: Blue Sky
Vessel Model: Nordic Tugs 42 Hull #001
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,945
As my brother said when Mom passed,

"It's a sad time but not a bad time."

My condolences to you and your family Peter.
__________________
Conrad
Berthed in
Campbell River BC
Conrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 03:40 PM   #34
Guru
 
BandB's Avatar
 
City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 20,401
Peter:

Wifey B: How are you and your wife doing in your recovery from Covid 19? Well, I hope.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 09:33 PM   #35
Veteran Member
 
City: Stuart, Fl
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 74
Our hearts go out to you both. Stand strong and be there for each other, and your family.
Yachtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 07:03 AM   #36
Senior Member
 
Muirgen Afloat's Avatar
 
City: Puget Sound
Vessel Name: Muirgen
Vessel Model: Beebe passagemaker 50
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 195
So sorry for your families loss Peter. Grief is a beast. Life experience has shown me though the hole in the heart never goes away, the pain is causes isn't as sharp over time. May you and your family find comfort in each other and those who care.
Hope you are both aren't having any long terms effects from Covid.
We are in the local area now, if there is anything we can do, let us know, Laura
__________________
"I don't want to die with a boring obituary"
Muirgen Afloat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 07:40 AM   #37
Guru
 
City: Newport, R.I.
Vessel Name: Hippocampus
Vessel Model: Nordic Tug 42
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 1,365
Glad you survived. Natural immunity after infection is weak and not complete. Please get yourself and your loved ones VACCINATED!!! Mixture of natural and induced immunity is quite strong. Do it now.
Hippocampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 02:57 AM   #38
Guru
 
Pau Hana's Avatar


 
City: Seattle, WA
Vessel Name: Pau Hana
Vessel Model: 1989 PT52 Overseas Yachtfisher
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippocampus View Post
Glad you survived. Natural immunity after infection is weak and not complete. Please get yourself and your loved ones VACCINATED!!! Mixture of natural and induced immunity is quite strong. Do it now.
We were vaccinated when we caught the 'rona....
__________________
Peter- Marine Insurance Guru & tuna fishing addict!

1989 52' PT Overseas yachtfisher
Pau Hana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 05:46 AM   #39
Guru
 
OldDan1943's Avatar
 
City: Aventura FL
Vessel Name: Kinja
Vessel Model: American Tug 34 #116
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 8,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pau Hana View Post
We were vaccinated when we caught the 'rona....
My sister had a flu shot and then the 3 shots. She was really sick for about a week. She was tested and told she has Covid. The time between the flu shot and Covid shots eliminate a possible conflict.
__________________
The meek will inherit the earth but, the brave will inherit the seas.
OldDan1943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 10:51 AM   #40
Guru
 
rgano's Avatar
 
City: Southport, FL near Panama City
Vessel Name: FROLIC
Vessel Model: Mainship 30 Pilot II since 2015. GB-42 1986-2015. Former Unlimited Tonnage Master
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,829
This
Attached Thumbnails
Dont give up the ship.JPG  
__________________
Rich Gano
FROLIC (2005 MainShip 30 Pilot II)
Panama City area
rgano is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Trawler Port Captains
Port Captains are TF volunteers who can serve as local guides or assist with local arrangements and information. Search below to locate Port Captains near your destination. To learn more about this program read here: TF Port Captain Program





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012