diesel prices near me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd say we'll probably still be boating at $10/gal as well, but our usage will look very different to keep costs down unless our boating budget grows fast enough to keep up.

We get delivery by truck. Also, in our area you can get delivery by barge. Both are still less than marinas but rapidly rising. Also, trucks might do the multiple boats side by side but only going to do so with one payer. Trucks have various minimums but typically at least 500 gallons and some are at 1000 gallons.

Now, one other challenge. I'm being told by a Miami captain that fuel trucks are not scheduling deliveries right now in his area except to existing customers, no new boat customers. I believe they fear shortages and want to be sure to service their fleet and wholesale customers.

Some marinas don't allow fuel trucks. In our area, most do, but collect a surcharge for one. That is based on the marina's environmental and insurance risks. Now, we've also seen in the past few years, some marinas no longer offer fuel and go strictly to truck. If people want to fuel at the dock, they must go to the marina next door.

At the pump at service stations in Ensenada today is equivilent of $3.70/gal for regular gasoline, diesel is around $4.01. Not much higher than it was 3-months ago. I suspect the government is artificially supressing price to avoid discontent. There is but one fuel dock about 4-miles north of town. Not sure what they are charging at the fuel dock.

Peter

At the pump at service stations in Ensenada today is equivilent of $3.70/gal for regular gasoline, diesel is around $4.01. Not much higher than it was 3-months ago. I suspect the government is artificially supressing price to avoid discontent. There is but one fuel dock about 4-miles north of town. Not sure what they are charging at the fuel dock.

Peter

At Costco today (fuel is always less than other local stations) $4.49 for Reg and $4.79 for Prem.

At Costco today (fuel is always less than other local stations) $4.49 for Reg and $4.79 for Prem.

That's about on par with the cheaper stations around here as well (ignoring cash price at stations that do that).

That's about on par with the cheaper stations around here as well (ignoring cash price at stations that do that).

I try to buy Costco when I can because the prices are as cheap as any locally, but they are a Top Tier gas, which the cheaper alternatives are not. Top Tier gas is recommended in many newer cars, especially upper-end brands.

Our YC has its own fuel supply and sales to members. Current price for a member is $3.53/gal for off road diesel and $4.02/gal for non-alcohol regular unleaded. We filled up our boat before the last price increase. It will be much higher when we have to refill the club storage tanks in a month or so assuming the fuel prices stay like they are now.

Our YC has its own fuel supply and sales to members. Current price for a member is $3.53/gal for off road diesel and $4.02/gal for non-alcohol regular unleaded. We filled up our boat before the last price increase. It will be much higher when we have to refill the club storage tanks in a month or so assuming the fuel prices stay like they are now.
What happens if your YC buys at a high point in the market, then prices reduce so its cheaper to buy elsewhere? How do they hedge risk of declining prices and therefore declining sales?

Peter

$5.64/g for diesel at Sunset Bay marina in Stuart FL.

Wow - come to Sweden. We're still just a tad under $10/US gallon here. A bargain!!

You Swedes still getting oil and gas from 'ol Vladimir Putin?
That will come to a halt when you apply for Nato membership.:D

I was just wondering about the logistics of calling a heating oil company and having 3 or 4 boats meet them at a municiple dock. If you could guarantee he ( or she ) would sell 2-3,000 gallons you might be able to negotiate a price...but then I see that heating oil in MA is over $5.00/gallon!!

I had a delivery on March 3rd: $2.04/l, $7.71 Cdn/USg,
$6.05 US/USg

What happens if your YC buys at a high point in the market, then prices reduce so its cheaper to buy elsewhere? How do they hedge risk of declining prices and therefore declining sales?

Peter

There is always that risk, but a similar thing could happen with marinas. The difference is that the club likely has a smaller markup than a marina. Maximizing profit at a private club is not as important. They could even sell at cost or at a loss if they really had to. For example, my club decided to stop selling gas last year so to use up what they had stored, they sold it to members for $2/gal.

i was paying 3.75 here in olympia for the off road fuel, and then in one day it increased by almost a whole dollar. checked the website just now and it's increased again to $5.049. i just about have my tanks topped off though, another 20 gallons will probably do it. and that will last the season. hopefully fuel will have dropped back down some by fall. i guess we'll see.

Just got a text from my cousin in Ireland. Petrol (gas) is $9.90/gal.

Rob

Petersburg, Alaska —>

Bulk purchases of Diesel #1 (50 gallons or more) are leaving the pump at $2.46/gallon.

Peter, we don’t have a fuel contract, we just buy when we need it. I only remember one time since we joined the club in 2014 where the price dropped after we purchase and our sell price was higher than the river price. Most folks still bought from the club because it is so easy to access versus going down river to buy for less. Our mark up over cost is just enough to cover the costs of maintaining your fuel system.

Last Saturday, I saw road diesel from 4.40 to 4.70 USD per US Gallon.

Today I saw road diesel at 5.00, 5.10, and 5.30 USD per US Gallon.

I have been driving a diesel truck for 27 years. YIKES, that is a scary realization.:eek::rofl: The most I can remember paying was around 4.50 USD per US gallon and that was years ago.

Later,
Dan

Just got a photo of the price board at PGA Marina in Palm beach
GAS $6.80
Diesel $7.20 :banghead:
Thats at the dock.

Don

3/11/22 Prather California Kwick Serv Regular $5.59 Yep going shopping for a locking gas cap:)

Come to NZ ,ours just went up to $3.05 per litre ,thats about $14 gallon
Lucky my boat was nearly full 3000ltrs ,I burn 14 Ltr / Hr

Mission Bay, yesterday.

Attachments

• Gas Prices Fuel Prices.jpg
    Gas Prices Fuel Prices.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 22
Australian prices are crazier!

For what ever reason you may point to. Its getting crazy

Anclote River Tarpon Springs Florida (Tampa Bay Area) 3/6/22

Diesel- $5.18 gallon

Crazy everywhere, Here in Brisbane Australia Diesel is now at AUD$2.20 a litre, thats equivalent to US$6 / gal

3/11/22 Prather California Kwick Serv Regular $5.59 Yep going shopping for a locking gas cap:)

DECADES ago, I had a locking gas cap. Kinda forgot about it but some something on TV this week that showed a locking gas cap. :eek: Might have to buy one, but when gas prices were high a few years ago, idiots were punching holes in gas tanks to get the fuel... :mad:

Would rather them siphon the fuel than punch a hole in the tank. :rolleyes:

Later,
Dan

Dysarthria Marina Southwest Harbor ME

Dysarts diesel is $5.65 a gallon for less than 1000 gallons per their website just now. 10 cents less for more than 1000.

Oak Harbor Marina, Washington State

$4.89 with a $0.05 discount over 100 gallons

Up from $4.05 earlier in the week

Diesel $6.25 at Redwood City (south San Francisco Bay). I'm guessing it has gone up since their last posting.

Marina price now up to about $11.30/US gallon here in Sweden.

Back
Top Bottom