Canadian older boats - your insurer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EngNate

Vessel Name
Tenacious
Vessel Make
Uniflite 31 FB Sedan
My boat will turn 50 before too long and my current insurer will drop it, so I am looking and should just switch whenever I get the next survey done.

If you have a boat over 50 years old insured, who with and comments?

I'm currently with Beacon

Thanks!

Last edited:
PM'd you. My '76 boat is due for a survey next year before the next renewal of 2022.
Good luck

You could try Dolphin in Burnaby. Another one I'm hearing good things about is Coast Underwriters in Vancouver.

I use SAFECO and hear State Farm is good for older boats.

I have been with mine about 20 yrs. and had one claim about 10 ago when my boat was hit by another. If you have had a good history of surveys and the boat is maintained then one of the insurance companies will pick you up.

Actually if you are in need then I would say Google should be helpfull. You must have some marine representatives nearby.

But mine has been good, a few quirks but good. Unless of course you have tried them already.

You could try Dolphin in Burnaby. Another one I'm hearing good things about is Coast Underwriters in Vancouver.

Do let me know how Dolphin works for you. I was with Dolphin for years, so was the boat owner from whom I bought this boat. From his last year cost Dolphin quoted me slightly double. And they had my history of no claims.
I am with Haggerty for second year c/o Western Financial group out of Victoria.
Mind you, I have a wooden boat and Haggerty insures classics, mostly cars.

Dolphin has been very good to us, for our last couple boats. And as we upgrade systems and items, if we show receipts they upgrade our vessel insurable pay out
accordingly

Do let me know how Dolphin works for you. I was with Dolphin for years, so was the boat owner from whom I bought this boat. From his last year cost Dolphin quoted me slightly double. And they had my history of no claims.
I am with Haggerty for second year c/o Western Financial group out of Victoria.
Mind you, I have a wooden boat and Haggerty insures classics, mostly cars.

PM sent.

Thanks for the leads!
Nate

My boat is just a bit older. I stayed with the company the previous owner had used which is through Coastal Community Insurance Services. The actual insurance title is Pacific Marine Underwriting managers. I believe the actual policy is through Lloyd's of London.

I used to have Dolphin I changed to Hub. The reason was price

Back
Top Bottom