Old 02-09-2020, 10:38 AM   #1
Guru

City: Bayfield, WI
Vessel Name: Gopher Broke
Vessel Model: Silverton 410 Sport Bridge
Buyer Friendly Offer Form?

Hello all,

We're flying down to Ft Myers Friday to look at a boat and possibly put an offer on her. Sadly she's not a trawler, but we think it should suit our needs quite well for the next 10 years or so.

I do not have a buyers broker at this point. I'm hoping that someone can provide me with an offer form that's fair to all (not tilted toward seller). I may also require a purchase agreement, but my impression was that licensed, accredited brokers would all use a standard form for that.

Thanks for the input.
BD

BDofMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 10:44 AM   #2
Guru

City: Fort Myers, FL... Summers in the Great Lakes
Vessel Name: Slow Hand
Vessel Model: Cherubini Independence 45
If the boat is listed through a broker, they'll have the form. Or is this for sale by owner?

Ted
"Slow Hand" by The Pointer Sisters
O C Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 10:45 AM   #3
TF Site Team

City: Jacksonville
Is the boat you’re looking at listed with a broker? If so, he’ll will have a sales contract if you decide to make an offer. If there’s no broker involved, I have a sample purchase and sale agreement I can send you.
Larry M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 10:51 AM   #4
Valued Technical Contributor

City: Litchfield, Ct
I don't quite understand what an offer form is. Offers are often made verbally through the listing broker and if a price acceptable to both parties is reached then the offer is converted to a purchase contract.

If you want to specify things other than price in your offer, like fixing things or inclusion of exclusions like a dinghy and motor, then you can do that verbally or with an offer letter if formalization is important to you. But an offer is just an offer and is not a binding contract unless accepted and acceptance is almost always done in a signed contract.

Once the offer is accepted then it is converted to a purchase contract. Only the purchase contract is a binding contract that spells out price, listing inclusions/exclusions, survey rights, etc.

I have copies of both the Boat/US and the Florida Yacht Brokers Contract and both are fair to both parties. I can post copies if you are interested, but asking the Florida broker for his contract form would be preferable.

David
DavidM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 11:32 AM   #5
Guru

City: Bayfield, WI
Vessel Name: Gopher Broke
Vessel Model: Silverton 410 Sport Bridge
Thanks. I'll use their forms.

Bd
BDofMSP is offline   Reply With Quote