wqsher/dryer not draining

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seawinder

So my new 2016 44 swift trawler came with the washer dryer option and I have been testing it out. The machine runs and fills with water, but won't drain even though i hear the pump running. I suspect a kink in the hose, or a closed valve in the drain line. But here's the problem, I can't find access to the drain hose.

Is it necessary to pull the machine out? (it doesnt want to move easily) . or can i remove cabinetry to get at the back of the machine? Is there a valve in that drain line? does it drain overboard? or into the shower drain tank? There is no information on this in the various handbooks that came with the boat. Thanks in advance. This forum has been great.

"So my new 2016 44 swift trawler came with the washer dryer option and I have been testing it out"
If it is new to you ask the previous owner and/or the surveyor where the drain valve is located. If you a handbook make sure the controls have reached a point where the basin drains.
You could add the make and model of the washer/dryer for potentially more details.

never mind, after pulling washer in and out several times, i finally found the drainage for the washer. The stopcock is located in the floor of the port closet of the main cabin
. problem solved

Is it a vented or non-vented machine? If non-vented, you might want to change to vented.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom