Volvo Penta D4 300 Zincs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scott Barnard

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Laurel Sommers
Vessel Make
Beneteau ST44 (2014)
My manual says there are two zincs, I can only find the Intercooler zinc. Hoping y'all might set me straight on if and where there is a second. Thanks, Scott

Yep, says and shows in my manual, but I cannot find the ones at the 'front' near the pump. Will look again, possibly further around the front vs side? Thanks.

Yep, says and shows in my manual, but I cannot find the ones at the 'front' near the pump. Will look again, possibly further around the front vs side? Thanks.

on starboard engine, its right there when you crawl to front. port engine you have to reach across to the opposite side from where you are when you crawl on the plywood floor.

what year boat/engine?

My 2018 has no zincs on the motors

what is where the zincs typically are on the d4-300? do you mind sharing pics?
I have none either. I was told they were eliminated when they went with plastic end caps.

Possibly of interest ... all 4 zincs were substantially gone. I presume this is an indicator that they are needed (at least on the 2014 version).

I have none either. I was told they were eliminated when they went with plastic end caps.

What year are your motors. I have read that the newer motors have the heat exchanger cores that are made out of a different alloy that are corrosion resistant thus no need for zincs. My 2018 does not have zincs

What year are your motors. I have read that the newer motors have the heat exchanger cores that are made out of a different alloy that are corrosion resistant thus no need for zincs. My 2018 does not have zincs
Mine are 2018

I just read a post on another site which indicated the zincs were eliminated in 2016 model year.

Back
Top Bottom