Is there room for navigator in ST34, 42 or 44 ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Happy Frog

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Manaatti
Vessel Make
Nauticat 44 2006
Hi, I am interested in ST 34 or bigger 42/44. Our waters here on Baltic archipelago in Finland are quite rocky, especially when we often navigate outside official fairways. Typically I am steering the boat and navigating in larger scale while my Admiral, who definitely wants to sit so that she can follow the route forward, is following the route in a more detailed scale, sometimes from satellite images and radar, paper chart or forward looking sonar etc.. So we need a seat for the navigator, place for paper chart and other stuff like ipads in the helm. How does that work in ST 34 or the bigger ST42/44 with just one seat, is there enough room for navigator?

We had had a 34 and currently own a 44
Both have a helm station bench seat for 2.
Room for charts on the port side. We placed charts on the adjacent counter and other junk wherever needed.

Good luck

As long as there's a spot with a forward view to put charts or a laptop and you can place a chair (that won't slide around underway) in front of it, that can function as a nav station.

Not the best bow view while underway......
At the helm station, Beneteau added a +/- 6" platform to aid in bow view while underway and standing. If I am using the seat, I sit on a PDF cushion.

limited views at lower helm on a st44 unless you can trim the bow down which isnt possibly in all sea conditions

So - is there enough room for two "larger" size persons to sit side by side on the helm bench ( in ST34)?

Not the best bow view while underway.......
MY OA has a similar problem & that's the reason we opted for a dinette in that location. The dinghy wipes out most of the forward visibility but we always drive from the flybridge.( Lessons learned after 25 years and 10 boats!) :blush:

Attachments

• OA 42 Sedan.jpg
    OA 42 Sedan.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 34
So - is there enough room for two "larger" size persons to sit side by side on the helm bench ( in ST34)?
My wife and I can both sit at the helm. We are not small but I would not say large either.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom