Swift Trawler 44 - Max TV size

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nhislander

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
No Regrets
Vessel Make
Swift Trawler 44
My new Swift Trawler 44 is finally off the freighter and on a truck and on route from Norfolk to FL. Very excited...

Sales guy says the maximum size TV that will fit into the recessed space is width of 22.1” and height of 12.3” (basically a 24" TV...).

I was just wondering if there are any ST-44 owners out there who might be able to confirm the actual dimensions of the recessed opening in the salon and state room (I think they were both the same size?).

Thanks in advance for any help/guidance you can provide...

Dave

My new Swift Trawler 44 is finally off the freighter and on a truck and on route from Norfolk to FL. Very excited...

Sales guy says the maximum size TV that will fit into the recessed space is width of 22.1” and height of 12.3” (basically a 24" TV...).

I was just wondering if there are any ST-44 owners out there who might be able to confirm the actual dimensions of the recessed opening in the salon and state room (I think they were both the same size?).

Thanks in advance for any help/guidance you can provide...

Dave

I have a 28" in my master salon. I filled the "cut out" with acoustic foam, put a board over it that fit into the cut-out, secured with brackets, mounted a TV mount to the board, and TV to the mount. I could probably do 32" dont know about 40". Consideration is the closet door being able to open. 28" seems plenty to me.

For the Salon, I haven't yet messed with that TV but think its a 28 or 32". The TV mount / bracket is installed to the roof of the cut out (accessible via the electrical cabinet that swings open). I was going to see if I can somehow put a mount on the back wall of the cut out but dont think there is access to thru-bolt. The TV does not sit in the cut out but rather in front.

We stream everything and there has yet to be something we couldn't watch. We get locals through streaming too. I actually took off the HDTV and unplugged the AC power from it, probably will not bother re-installing but keep for a future owner.

Congrats on your new boat!

Thanks Mystery...

It sounds like the two larger TVs you have setup do NOT fit into the recessed space... So I assume that my sales guy may be accurate in saying a 24"-TV (width of 22.1” and height of 12.3”) is the largest size that will actually fold back into the recessed space?

It sounds like the two larger TVs you have setup do NOT fit into the recessed space... So I assume that my sales guy may be accurate in saying a 24"-TV (width of 22.1” and height of 12.3”) is the largest size that will actually fold back into the recessed space?

I dont know, I dont have measurements on-hand, but I do know if you want the TVs to fit in the spaces they have to be small, too small for my liking.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom