ST44 Window Frame Oxidizing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rclarke246

Vessel Name
Lady Di
Vessel Make
2012 Beneteau Swift Trawler 44
Hello, Our 2012 ST44 has a problem with both side windows at lower helm and galley.

As you can see from the photo, the aluminum frames are deteriorating rather quickly. Even leaves a small piles of white, powdered, oxidation inside.

Anyone else have this problem?

(Sorry for the photo turned 90 degrees)

Attachments

• 5j8luQYVQLedBF1SsY+kNw.jpg
    5j8luQYVQLedBF1SsY+kNw.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 19
  • fullsizeoutput_5d00.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_5d00.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Are you sure it isnt wax that somehow got on? Not saying you dont have an issue beyond the white stuff that you see but curious what the white stuff is..

Either way, I think the fix is to prep area, sand, use rustoleum sprays to re-coat.

No, it's not wax. Thanks!

This is filiform corrosion. It is corrosion which occurs under the coating. Very difficult to remove. In fact you have to repaint the aluminium again. But this work for a pro. And I think rather expensive.

This is filiform corrosion. It is corrosion which occurs under the coating. Very difficult to remove. In fact you have to repaint the aluminium again. But this work for a pro. And I think rather expensive.

Want to know how beneteau fixes it? Sand paper and rustoleum. Quick, cheap, inexpensive.

Want to know how beneteau fixes it? Sand paper and rustoleum. Quick, cheap, inexpensive.

There was a recent post on the FB page regarding the repair of the window frame corosion issue.Bennetau provided the paint and primer for the fix.

There was a recent post on the FB page regarding the repair of the window frame corosion issue.Bennetau provided the paint and primer for the fix.

yes, i saw that, but i am telling you how most beneteau dealers and beneteau themselves fix it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom