Spare Props

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scott Barnard

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Laurel Sommers
Vessel Make
Beneteau ST44 (2014)
Wanting to carry backup/spare props for our 2014 Beneteau ST44 but not sure how to size and where to buy. Literature says we have 4-bladed 24 x 25 L(and R)H50 75 S8. Any recommendations or advice is appreciated.

Have you check all the storage areas. My Ta Chiao has a spare prop stored under the sole in the aft cabin and a spare anchor under the sole in the fore cabin.

Bruce

For spares I would say get your specs and try some searches online. You didn't mention shaft size or I misread your #s
I found a pair of used props for my Mainship that heeded reworking but price was decent.
Also get the word out to prop shops & salvage yards/ shops to see if they have any used.
Searches should turn up Clist, eBay, etc and keep trying often.
Buying new us more expensive but may need to if you can't find used props.
I found a porch shop I trusted that had che ked my props when I. Bought my boat. Once relationship established I was able to use them for value est and rebuild cost from pictures I got from seller before making a firm offer.

When I worked for a Beneteau sailboat dealer many years ago we found that the shafts were metric ISO rather than the familiar SAE. Different diameter and taper. It was hard to source replacement props in North America, and we had them shipped from France.

I don't know if that's the case with the ST, but it's the first thing I'd try to find out. It wouldn't surprise me if the '50' refers to the shaft diameter in mm.

Given the $$ involved, it probably also makes sense to have a fresh look at your existing performance before just replicating what you have. The OEM choice may not be optimal for the way you equip and use the boat, and this is an opportunity to tweak things a bit.

Eliche Radice makes them for Beneteau. You can order a spare set directly from Beneteau or talk to the Eliche Radice distributor in the USA.

Thanks all, we've reached out to FRANK & JIMMIE'S PROPELLERS in Ft Lauderdale which rep for Eliche Radice (I believe). St. Barts has quoted from France, hoping to save a buck or many ... haven't been able to find anything used.

Thanks all, we've reached out to FRANK & JIMMIE'S PROPELLERS in Ft Lauderdale which rep for Eliche Radice (I believe). St. Barts has quoted from France, hoping to save a buck or many ... haven't been able to find anything used.

Please keep us posted on pricing/availability that you hear back!

So far, St Barts has quoted:

072186 x 4-BLADED PROPELLER 24X25 LH50 75 S8 $2875.78
072187 x 4-BLADED PROPELLER 24X25 RH50 75 S8 $2875.78

Shipping is not included, and unknown.

So far, St Barts has quoted:

072186 x 4-BLADED PROPELLER 24X25 LH50 75 S8 $2875.78
072187 x 4-BLADED PROPELLER 24X25 RH50 75 S8 $2875.78

Shipping is not included, and unknown.

If you login to Beneteau Spare Parts website you can get a 10-15% discount if you order direct and it should quote the shipping freight price. I am curious what the current lead time is. Last year things were taking 4-6+ months because of the pandemic, supply chain issues, and hack. Heck before all of that, things typically took 4-16 weeks from France.

I am curious if eliche radiche will sell direct and if their price is any better. I never pursued that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom