Rudder Seals on ST44

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My understanding is there are two parts; the brass rudder tube/nut kit (bottom picture in Mystery's post 1/17/19 above) and the plastic bushing kit #61140 (middle picture in Mystery's post 1/17/19). The plastic bushing kit goes inside the rudder tube kit. My understanding is that these two parts are the original design and have not been changed/improved/upgraded. Mystery, here's where I'm confused, is there another rendition/part or upgrade that is different from what you've got pictured and what I currently have? Hope this is clear! Thank you very much for your help on this! Fred

All I know is on some ST44 I heard the tubes were plastic. The new design is metal. I dont know if the ST42 uses the same. My kit is still for sales. 2 for the price of 1.

An FYI for Mystery and all interested parties. I purchased the upgraded rudder tube kit that is standard for the ST44 for use in my 2008 ST42. They've been installed for six months and....dry as a bone. So I think Beneteau really fixed the problem of these leaking, at least they did for my boat. Thank you Mystery...who I purchased the kit from.

Leaking Rudder Posts

I have a ST44 2014 and both rudder assemblies are leaking with a lot of galvanic corrosion.

Thanks for the insights and educated comments! Boater #3 did you sell your kits? If yes are they suitable for my ST44 and if no where did you purchase them?

I have a ST44 2014 and both rudder assemblies are leaking with a lot of galvanic corrosion.

Thanks for the insights and educated comments! Boater #3 did you sell your kits? If yes are they suitable for my ST44 and if no where did you purchase them?

pics of the corrosion please

yes sold, purchased from beneteau

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom