Fourluck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fourluck

Vessel Name
Fourluck
Vessel Make
2019 Swift44
Has anyone with a Swift44 had any problems with the interior woodwork pealing or delaminating and if so what repair can be done and how?

One I inspected (but did not buy due to the cored hull construction), actually an earlier 42, had the finish on internal timber peeling off in sheets. I imagine fixing it would require sanding to find the state of the timber after it was removed. Could have been just a top plastic layer sheeting off and sound underneath, or not.

One I inspected (but did not buy due to the cored hull construction), actually an earlier 42, had the finish on internal timber peeling off in sheets. I imagine fixing it would require sanding to find the state of the timber after it was removed. Could have been just a top plastic layer sheeting off and sound underneath, or not.
I’m talking about the inside cabinetry ��

I’m talking about the inside cabinets. The wood is peeling up or delaminating. And wondering how to repair this ?

Wow, it is coming off a 2019 model. I would talk to the manufacturer and see if they will help since it is so new.

Not having much luck with manufacture.

There was an issue where they had a bad run of the coating, but simple sand and recoat.

If de laminating Utube foe ways to fix

Its not real wood finishing. Its plywood with veneer. I never had any issues. But I know someone with a Beneteau sailboat who had all of their veneers peel off years ago. Beneteau fixed it/redid all his cabinets. Is the boat still under warranty, or was the issue documented and reported while it was under warranty?

Regarding warranty, I had real issues getting Beneteau to cover things and actually do permanent repairs. I had to jump up and down, call/email the Beneteau and Beneteau USA CEOs to get any help. Even then I felt many of their repairs were not how I would've liked to see them done (more so temporary fixes). The dealer network was a mess and there were only a couple dealers in the whole country who seemed to know how to get warranty work done (or wanted to do it). Beneteau dragged their feet for years on some warranty claims. Was quite disappointed end of the day.

I would try normal channels, through dealer, beneteau corporate (usa), beneteau global, and c-suite if you are not getting any traction. They had major turnover over the past few years FWIW. I think there have been a few CEO/Presidents for Beneteau and Beneteau USA. The whole Lagoon bulkhead fiasco really left a bad taste in my mouth (and seeing how Beneteau handled it - very poorly IMO).

I didn’t know that they were that bad, too bad for their owners…

Wow, it is coming off a 2019 model. I would talk to the manufacturer and see if they will help since it is so new.
If it`s what I saw, it`s as if a sheet of plastic wrap film applied to the cabinetry is detaching, in irregular sheet form. Boat I saw was 2004/05. Still happening implies no urgency finding a fix.

Their customers are not holding them accountable.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom