Anchors for ST44

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dallas2153

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Bella
Vessel Make
Beneteau ST-44
Hi All,
Has anyone upgraded the wimpy Delta Anchor that is standard equipment on the ST-44? I am the second owner and the first owner installed a full enclosure on the Fly Bridge which creates a ton of surface area so she gets pushed around in the wind a lot. I'm considering a 60# Manson but I'm concerned that the Roll Bar on the Anchor will collide with the pulpit.

Looking for a better anchor solution that doesn't require modification to the boat...plug & play :)

Thanks for any ideas.

Look at the thead "Anchor Setting Videos".

Our man Steve settled on a Spade. But he tested many other anchors .... Claws, Danforths (both aluminum and steel), Excel and numerous other older anchors like the Kedge. And roll bar anchors SUPER SARCA, Supreme and the Mantus.

Last edited:
Delta anchor

We changed the rode on our 2005 Swift 42 to 100ft of 3/8 chain plus 150ft 0f 5/8 line onto the 44lb Delta. While this addressed our future Bahamas trip coral issue it did a great job on our recent 2000 mile R/T Fl to Maine trip . We never needed to use our backup 34lb Fortress & 60ft chain &150ft line What a difference chain makes

Bob Nordstrom
LindaLee

66# Sarca Excel would probably be a direct replacement with no concern for the roll bar issue. We switched to one and have been happy with it so far.
Highly recommend the anchor videos for extra data in choosing one.

Back
Top Bottom