Zf220 ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Duetto

Vessel Name
GEM
Vessel Make
Mainship Pilot 34
hi,

simple question: when measuring the fluid level, do you: 1) push dipstick all the way in or 2) just until the rubber sealer touches the top of hole/trans case?

i have emailed zf but not gotten any response.i have the maintenance manual but it's not clear to me which is correct.

That's what I do (1). In actuality, I pull the stick on both the engine and transmission in the morning before starting the engine. Overnight the oil had settled and there's no need to wipe the stick and reinserting it.

While I'm not familiar with your particular ZF transmission, some other manufacturers want the engine idling when checking transmission fluid level. I've never seen a ZF transmission that required that.

Ted

Push the stick fully in.

thanks for the replies.

fup question: our oil cooler inlet & outlet ports are facing up. is it safe to assume that there will be no backflow when the engine is shutdown?

thanks for the replies.

fup question: our oil cooler inlet & outlet ports are facing up. is it safe to assume that there will be no backflow when the engine is shutdown?

If the oil cooler is above the transmission, I would assume there is some amount of flow back into the transmission. I would say it's also safe to assume the manufacturer has taken this into account.

Ted

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom