Yanmar 6LYA-STP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lipets

Vessel Make
Benneteau Swift 42
I'm planning on removing the injectors to have bench tested/calibrated, do they simply come out with socket etc or do I need a puller of some sort.

Any tips or recommendations removal & replace (like torque lbs)

I have the service manual for that engine. It doesn't say anything about a puller. I also didn't see a torque spec for the retainer nuts.

If you want a copy, PM me your email address and I will send you the pdf file.

David

It would seem like there should be a specific torque for them. I used to work with a guy that tightened everything until it stripped and then backed it off a quarter. He said he liked things tight but I wouldn’t want to strip injectors.

Not familiar with your engine but I know a lot of injectors are a tight fit held in with some type of "keeper" , maybe a flange nut, a washer or whatever. They can usually be wiggled or pried out.

Be certain to replace the "crush" washer.

pete

Found that after removing the keeper they should pull out w/o a tool, but if stuck try to rotate with upward pressure.

If still stuck short slide hammer.

They can be tested at any diesel shop.

Found one local to pop test for $5 each, then cost more if don't meet specs to rebuild, said if needed will cost more to re calibrate etc.

Now need to pull 12:confused:

Found that after removing the keeper they should pull out w/o a tool, but if stuck try to rotate with upward pressure.

If still stuck short slide hammer.

They can be tested at any diesel shop.

Found one local to pop test for $5 each, then cost more if don't meet specs to rebuild, said if needed will cost more to re calibrate etc.

Now need to pull 12:confused:

Good luck, let us know how it goes. I am looking at a boat that has these engines.

Back
Top Bottom