Yanmar 6LY2AN-STP Operating Temps/PSI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jefndeb

Guru
Vessel Name
Indigo Star
Vessel Make
2006 Mainship 400
Hello,

I just wanted to see if I was seeing this right, as far as indications go...

I took a pic of my Faria Multi Gauge, showing Fuel, Engine Temp, Oil Pressure and Battery Volts. (this after about 2 hours or running, ambient temp 77F)

Looks to me that my Temp needle is showing about 170F.
Looks to me my oil pressure is showing about 65psi.
Battery volts were actually 13.1, that needle is a little off some..

Also have shown what the Yanmar manual says.

Engine was at 2000 to 2200 RPM

I think that is pretty good if I am correct yes?

2006 Mainship, single Yanmar 6LY2AN-STP with 2335 hrs.
I really baby thing thing cause I need her to behave...LOL

Thanks for your comments..(fuel level was selected to the lower helm gauge):lol:

Jeff

Attachments

• 20210330_165404.jpg
    20210330_165404.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 32
  • oil.jpg
    oil.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 24
  • coolant temp.jpg
    coolant temp.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Hello,

I just wanted to see if I was seeing this right, as far as indications go...

I took a pic of my Faria Multi Gauge, showing Fuel, Engine Temp, Oil Pressure and Battery Volts. (this after about 2 hours or running, ambient temp 77F)

Looks to me that my Temp needle is showing about 170F.
Looks to me my oil pressure is showing about 65psi.
Battery temp was actually 13.1, that needle is a little off some..

Also have shown what the Yanmar manual says.

Engine was at 2000 to 2200 RPM

I think that is pretty good if I am correct yes?

2006 Mainship, single Yanmar 6LY2AN-STP with 2335 hrs.
I really baby thing thing cause I need her to behave...LOL

Thanks for your comments..(fuel level was selected to the lower helm gauge):lol:

Jeff

I think the engine temperature looks more like 190 to 195. The battery is voltage not temperature. I would get a non contact temperature gun and check the temp at the engine sensor to see what the actual temp is. Then you will know if the engine is actually 190 or is the gauge reading off. If the engine is running at 190+ then I think that I would check into it since that is a bit high. Maybe clean the heat exchanger with something like Barnacle Buster.

The mid scale of the battery voltage gauge is 13.0 volts. It’s reading low for an engine at 2000 rpm. It should be 13.0-14.5 volts. It could be because it’s a long way away from the engine or there are extra loads added to the control circuit that pulls the voltage down. I would check the actual voltage at the starting battery terminals under similar engine rpms for comparison.

OK, yes, I see my typo, sorry,

Yes, I think you are correct, I think I wasn't reading the 200 mark correct, but now that I look it is in 50 degree increments,

The voltage meter isn’t that important IMO because they are usually off in my experience. Probably poor connections or too small wiring. I only look at them to see that there is voltage. On the other hand the temp and oil pressure are what is important to me. I do monitor them very frequently since over temp or low/no oil pressure can cost me an engine. Those are the ones I want to be accurate.

That's what I thought to but I think now based on Comodaves comments its closer to 185-190F.....look t the scale of the marks closer...

Well if the Celsius scale is 25 would it not make sense that the Farinhite was 25 as well?

I never understood the water temp increments. 100 to 135 to dash to 180? Looks like they're going by 35's but then its 60's on the higher end?
What gives?
Image%20(7).jpeg

I have 2 bad gauges like yours. Is there any replacements available. No luck searching the web. Thanks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom