Yanmar 370 Anode Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sammy999

The manual for my Yanmar 370 6LYA-STP states that the anode for the marine gear lube oil cooler (KMH6A only) takes one #27210-200370. The anode I found and replaced took a E1C type, #119574-44150. I'm pretty sure from the illustration that this is in fact the gear oil cooler but mine does not say Yanmar and could not find the KMH6A stamped anywhere. Has anyone had the same experience, or know where the -200370 anode goes? Thanks!

The Yanmar 6LY"A" engines are assembled in the US with some US parts, the tranny cooler being one. Mack Boring buys them from various suppliers and some have anode ports and some don't.

I had a 2006 Mainship 34T with the tranny anode port and a 2003 Pilot 34 without. Both were 6LYAs.

David

Agree with DavidM
My 2008 MS 34HT w/ Yan 6LYA-STP tranny cooler has an anode that is a 3/8"NPT x 1/2" x 1-3/4"
I'm in fresh water and use Performance Metals alum anodes which are a CE - 1D alum anode w/Plug or AE - 1D alum rod alone.
Easy to X-Reference if you measure pipe thread, rod dia & length rather than Yanmar or other mfg #'s.

Our Yanmar 65HP wing engine had no anodes. It took quite a while before I finally believed that was the case. Apparently, Yanmar salt water cooling channels were constructed of "resistant" materials that did not require inclusion of a zinc in the flow path. There was no port to screw in an anode. Engine was fine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom