Worth it? Glendinning wired remote...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CaptainK

Just curious if any of you have and use a Glendinning wired remote. We are just in the process of buying a boat that has Glendinning controls, and it also has "outlets" for the remote on the Portuguese bridge and on the stern.
Is it worth getting the remote? Does it work well?

Just curious if any of you have and use a Glendinning wired remote. We are just in the process of buying a boat that has Glendinning controls, and it also has "outlets" for the remote on the Portuguese bridge and on the stern.
Is it worth getting the remote? Does it work well?

Not sure about the Glendinning part, but I can tell you that having engine controls on both sides of my Portuguese bridge is great for docking and other close quarter maneuvering.

CaptainK,
So far, we have the Dockmate remote and now the Glendinning remote.

https://www.dockmate.us/?gclid=Cj0K...BHY1UctliJ8tMzGqhFf96kVeDRXxjjFsaAnWuEALw_wcB

https://www.glendinningprods.com/products/complete-controls/

The Dockmate is wireless and the Glendinning is wired.
The Dockmate makes a one or two engine control
I guess the Glendinning only makes a 2 engine control

Ah nice. Thanks for the reply!

Since the boat already has Glendinning controls and there are remote connection ports, it would likely be much more cost-effective for me to get a Glendinning remote control. Yacht Controller and Dock Mate look good, but I'm not keen on having technicians onboard. They usually charge a fortune, and I end up disappointed bu the installation quality.

We have the wired controls in the cockpit and I have learned to really like using it when sterning into a fairway and slip.

For my boat, the DockMate should be about 8K

On my N46, I had a wire control for the rudder only. I used it a lot when 'outside'

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom