Whisper 8 Mastervolt genset oil filter cross reference

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wallabyshane

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Gypsy Lee
Vessel Make
43 Cheoy Lee Motorsailer
Hi all,

I need help cross referencing the above genset oil filter. What I have so far...

Whisper 8 Mastervolt genset.

Article 50903005 (I believe this is the model )

Serial U914E0011

Oil filter 50203121

Whisper and MV are bloody atrocious and WILL NOT HELP with cross referencing an oil filter. Apparently the oil filters from Whisper are held up in China and they have no idea when they will be here( Australia).

Any help cross referencing either for Ryco or Baldwin or ANY filter would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Shane

What engine does it use? Kubota, Kawasaki, etc?

Last edited:
No idea. I have tried to look for a plate however it only has the Mastervolt plate on it.

I have just found more numbers....ID 094500-5010 6H. Does this make any sense please? From what I can Google, it may well be Mitsubishi.

Thank you. No, no idea what year it was built. The ID # I have is not on that page. I'll keep looking. Thanks again. Bloody frustrating for such a simple part!!!

The Sierra cross referencing is different in Australia. No one seems to know.

If it’s a 3 cylinder engine I’d bet it’s the same unit used across many models. For less than 10 bucks I’d try to find one of the ones on that list. Compare the two even if it means cutting one open.

Wix and Fleetguard have good sites that allow you to spec a filter to fit all the requirements of your oem filter. Did you find a cross to Mitsubishi? You must have these specs but if you dont here goes.

Wix 51365
Spin on full flow
Enhanced cellulose media
Ht 2.58” or 66mm
OD 2.69” or 68 mm
Thread 20x 1.5 mm
Bypass setting 8-11 psi
Max flow 9-11 gpm
Micron rating 21
Gasket OD 2.475” or 63 mm
ID 2.173 or. 55 mm
Thickness. .233 or 6 mm

I have a S4L2 Mitsubishi and have bought Fleetguard filters. LF3692 looks familiar but I am not at the shop to check for sure. Others that cross are Napa 1365, FG LF3925, Baldwin B7285.

Biggest things are getting the right thread for the mount and gaskets that seal. The rest of the specs are likely close enough to work. I really don’t like getting held hostage to pay a redicules price to some company that knowingly makes an oddball oem filter.

Last edited:

Wix and Fleetguard have good sites that allow you to spec a filter to fit all the requirements of your oem filter. Did you find a cross to Mitsubishi? You must have these specs but if you dont here goes.

Wix 51365
Spin on full flow
Enhanced cellulose media
Ht 2.58” or 66mm
OD 2.69” or 68 mm
Thread 20x 1.5 mm
Bypass setting 8-11 psi
Max flow 9-11 gpm
Micron rating 21
Gasket OD 2.475” or 63 mm
ID 2.173 or. 55 mm
Thickness. .233 or 6 mm

I have a S4L2 Mitsubishi and have bought Fleetguard filters. LF3692 looks familiar but I am not at the shop to check for sure. Others that cross are Napa 1365, FG LF3925, Baldwin B7285.

Biggest things are getting the right thread for the mount and gaskets that seal. The rest of the specs are likely close enough to work. I really don’t like getting held hostage to pay a redicules price to some company that knowingly makes an oddball oem filter.

Back
Top Bottom