Westerbeke WTF-25 Injector Pump leak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lelievre12

Veteran Member
I've discovered a large diesel leak at the lid joint of the diesel injector pump in my genset. I've never seen a leak at the seam like this before and am wondering if it is common in Westerbeke. I'm not sure if there is a gasket or O ring there but looks like the injector pump will need to come out :(.

PS> absorbent matting under your engines and gensets is a great idea for catching drips, however when you get a large leak like this the mat will soak up the leak preventing its discovery until much later. Now I have a sodden (and highly flammable) mat which is a nightmare to dispose of. Check mats often if you use them!

Probably a Toyota engine with a Bosch VE pump clone made by Kiki. Top cover seal can be replaced in situ.

Probably a Toyota engine with a Bosch VE pump clone made by Kiki. Top cover seal can be replaced in situ.

Thanks for the tip. I found the Westerbeke Manual for the WMF 25 here:

http://www.marinepartsexpress.com/W...0,25.0,26.0,32.0WTA, 32.0WTF Parts Manual.pdf

Sure enough, on page 65 is the parts view for the injector pump which shows the problem gasket "94" and part number 24542. I've ordered one of these which will hopefully fix the problem.

Thanks again for the help in troubleshooting this issue.

Back
Top Bottom