wesmar stabilizets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bohans

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Ohana
Vessel Make
DeFever 72
I have wesmar RS 400 hydraulic fin stabilizers on my boat. One side has developed a tiny drip when in use and it may be due for new seals.

Can someone please explain the seal replacement process on this type or similar type of system.

Thank you
Bo

I highly recommend you contact Wesmar for advice (and to get a manual also). You don't mention what's leaking, but if it's the actuating cylinders, it's pretty straight forward, you simply disassemble and then re-assemble using the new seals.* If it's the pump you need a manual, if it's the solenoid valves you might need to simply replace the o rings.* Hoses get replaced too. Good luck.............Arctic Traveller

My Wesmar stabilizer equipped vessel is in the PNW, home to Wesmar. Every 3 years I have the lip seals replaced. I just had it done last month. Pick a good yard who has the experience to do this normal and routine job. Don't dawdle, you don't want salt water getting into your shafts and pots.*

Thanks for the replies so far. From what I can see the leak is a seawater on port side. not much but the units are due for seal replacements.

Can someone outline this procedure for me please. I have the manual with all diagrams but no specific details on how to replace.seals etc.
I am assuming the haul out and drop fins...

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom