Volvo Penta TMAD 60 C

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autoteacher

Vessel Name
Paradox
Vessel Make
Mainship
Looking for your advisement on best place online or land to purchase Volvo engine parts for TMAD 60 C. Water pumps, a fuel cut solenoid are my immediate needs list. Don't want cheap parts but don't want to over pay. Had a Yanmar before now.
I know about this online source.
Review Your Shopping Cart | Power Products Systems, LLC

I have bought a few small items from them. Needed an idler pulley bearing and Volvo price was $55.$$, The bearing by part number was $7.88 at a bearing supply house. Hoses for both engines were moulded and $122.00 each. Bought Gates industrial same size for $10.67 each.

This trawler has twin green monsters of 250 hp each. Back in the day of .85 cent Diesel they would have been nice, but now they drink like a sailor on shore leave. I would like to hear from other owners of these fine Swedish examples of technology.

Thanks for all,
S

Do a web search on your Volvo part numbers and you'll find lots of vendors.

I don't think you can compare the fuel economy of brands of engines using different boats or operating conditions and you can't compare custom fit OEM parts to generic parts.

I have twin TMD41A and they seem like well built motors. My only complaint is spare parts if I ever needed to rebuild them $$$$$$$$

Welcome to VOLVO world, where parts are darn near impossible to find, because VOLVO offers the worst customer service in the industry. At least VOLVO readily admits they do not support engine models that are no longer in production. I have two old "greenies" and cross my fingers every time we take the boat out.

A friend here tells me Volvo reduced some parts prices, eg impeller, by about 30%, to stop people buying & shipping in from overseas. Must be some fat to play with in their margins.

If I knew 13 years ago, what I now know about VOLVO, I would not have bought my boat. If we can keep at least one person from making the same mistake this forum will have served its purpose.

I have the same Volvos. 1985 vintage with turbos. 235 hp each. Have never had on issue with them and I consume 5 GPH total for both motors combined at 9kts. I'm very pleased with the economy and reliability. Frankly, the new electronic diesels scare the hell out of me. Old school is the only way to go.
Taras

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom