Stern Thruster not working correctly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronv99

I've got a 2013 Ranger Tug R-25sc and I have a problem with the stern thruster as it works only in one direction periodically. I've contacted Ranger Tug and they are saying it could be a electrical connection or solonoid needs to be replaced. Of course the local marine shop says I need to replace the thruster.
Has anyone had a similar problem or fix with this thruster? The thruster is a Side Power
TIA

If it works in one direction, I would suspect a the solenoid or control wires or joystick. Have you talked to Imtra for help in troubleshooting? I would work with them instead of Ranger. I would not jump into replacing the thruster if you have not trouble shot the problem.

I’d contact Imtra Marine. They are the US distributor for Side Power. They are really nice folks and will try o help you. https://www.imtra.com/contact-us.htm

My bet would be on a bad solenoid as well. At least that’s the first thing I’d check.

You said "periodically" If that means "intermittently" then I would bet 100 to one its just dirty contacts in a relay that can be cleaned at no cost but labor.

My dad was fond of saying about such things,, "its got an intermittent in it, sometimes it works and sometimes it don't".

Back
Top Bottom