Stern thruster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gcopeland

I came to check on my boat and the stern thruster was running on its own.... . The way I got it to go off was the circuit breaker. Any suggestions?
It's a 65' Marquis

Sounds like a bad solenoid or relay, perhaps a failed switch. Probably best to call Marquis if you don't have a wiring diagram.

that's scary - I can't imagine arriving at my boat and seeing the stern thruster running. Any idea how long it was running? Is it electric?

Thanks for the replies. It was the contact was stuck... We ordered a new one.

That's fine but the question is, How did it get stuck? Getting stuck implies that someone was using it and when they let go of the switch, the relay contacts stuck together. The relay shouldn't have just activated on its own.

BTW: Most of these thrusters have a switch to turn them off in addition to the switches to activate them in either direction. Some folks would recommend turning the switch off when you're not using the thruster. I don't but I probably should.

BTW: Most of these thrusters have a switch to turn them off in addition to the switches to activate them in either direction. Some folks would recommend turning the switch off when you're not using the thruster. I don't but I probably should.

You are correct. When not using the boat the thruster Main Power Battery Switch needs to be in the off position. If your installation does not have one, install one.
Think about your diver under your boat cleaning the thruster fins? ???????

Back
Top Bottom