Steam in the exhaust

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very interesting, I had no idea the raw water temp increase should only be +20. When I get everything back together that's the first thing I'll check.

Please accept my apologies for high-jacking your thread, but after reading the comments here, I was amazed at how many Perkins owners have chimed in. I am in desperate need of parts to rebuild my starboard T6-354 (X) (CCWR). I have been told that there are no parts available for the X engine. I have also been told that the pistons and connecting rods are different than those in the T6-354 (CWR) engine. Is this true?, and, if so, can you offer an alternative solution to this re-build dilemma?

Advice and Options Much Appreciated
Thank You
Capt Nemo

I'm sure we'll chime in if you start a new thread. BTW, if you're rebuilding why not just do the sleeves and rings, as I'm guessing those would be the same. I'm looking at the workshop manual, and it includes contra rotating engines. The specs for pistons, valves, rings, bearings, etc make no mention of reverse engines.

RR:

Some observations:

The 28.5 gpm spec that someone quoted for the Perkins seems extraordinarily high. Could he have meant 28.5 gph?

David

I quoted that number. Directly off of Sherwood's engineering drawing.
Would you like a copy?;)

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    56 KB · Views: 46
Back
Top Bottom