Stabilizer Zinc and Pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Arthurc

Guru
Vessel Name
Sea Bear
Vessel Make
Kadey-Krogen 54
Looks like my zinc is toast for my Naiad MultiSea II (model 252) stabilizers. Anyone know what size I need, see attached Picts. It was still there but turned to mush when I dropped it in the bucket. Also my seawater (cooling) Pump is leaking, I think I bought a spare but take a look at the pict, is that lack of bonding, lack of zinc or just salt?

Thanks!

Attachments

• DB126B7A-D88F-4B84-B52C-63710B196A3F.jpg
    DB126B7A-D88F-4B84-B52C-63710B196A3F.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 46
  • B258FC01-0899-4FDC-A41E-11A0C9D0A581.jpg
    B258FC01-0899-4FDC-A41E-11A0C9D0A581.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 6D26F4AC-70A8-48C3-B6F6-C6DBE92BC878.jpg
    6D26F4AC-70A8-48C3-B6F6-C6DBE92BC878.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Looks like my zinc is toast for my Naiad MultiSea II (model 252) stabilizers. Anyone know what size I need, see attached Picts. It was still there but turned to mush when I dropped it in the bucket. Also my seawater (cooling) Pump is leaking, I think I bought a spare but take a look at the pict, is that lack of bonding, lack of zinc or just salt?

Thanks!
I have 252 stabilizers and wasn't aware there was a zinc that needed changing. I cannot see one on my installation...could you describe location or take a pic from further back so location is clearer pls?

It’s on the heat exchanger below the big white main box, the one with the sea water in and out hoses.

Maybe I have a different oil tank and heat exchanger arrangement, but it is certainly a 252 MultiSea II. Pls take a look at the attached photo which shows the raw water inlet & outlet ports. There is also a tubular nut....could that be it? (I don't want to start taking things apart that I know nothing about!)

thanks for your help

Attachments

• Naiad Raw Water Ports.jpg
    Naiad Raw Water Ports.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 33
It's hard to tell from the picture the size of the pipe plug (I think it's 1/2" pipe thread). What I do is to match the plug size with the longest anode available. There is only one diameter size for each plug size. Insert the new one. If the anode bottoms out before the plug engages, figure the excess length and cut it off the end of the anode. You could also insert a Phillips screwdriver in the hole and compare the depth to the length of the anode.

Looks like the pump leaked. Might be worth checking to see if there is a rebuild kit for it.

Ted

Thanks Ted, great idea.

Aquabelle, can you take a pict from far away of your whole unit? Nothing looks the same with mine.

[QUOTE
Aquabelle, can you take a pict from far away of your whole unit? Nothing looks the same with mine.[/QUOTE]

As requested. The earlier pic is of the top right, where the RW hoses enter/leave. (earlier pic I now see is sideways...just to give you a bit of a challenge!)

Attachments

• Naiad 252 Wide View.jpg
    Naiad 252 Wide View.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 38
Hmm, yeah my unit looks nothing like that. I’ll post a pict a bit later today.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom