Source for replacement coolant hoses for Westerbeke 8.0BDTA generator?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mike66

Guru
Vessel Name
Susan Helena
Vessel Make
Albin40
Hi! Westerbeke wants crazy money for coolant system hoses. I was wondering if anyone has found stock automotive replacements for any of these?
Thanks for any leads.

They are very proud of their parts aren’t they? I had to replace the coolant water pump on my 4.4 a couple of years ago. It was a little over $400. But it did have a show quality paint job.
The belt was actually not bad at $12.
I don’t remember the shipping charges but after all I was about 20 miles farther down the road. Lol

We took w beak hoses to NAPA and went through their hose stock to find workable replacements, then cut them down to fit.

Last edited:
We took w beak hoses to NAPA and went through their hose stock to find workable replacements, then cut them down to fit.

I did the same for a Perkins 6-354.

Rob

I buy blue silicone hose to suit the 855 Cummins and Kubota d950 by the metre on eBay
Elbows the same

Hose and elbows care not what engine they go on.

Limited production part. Proper material, wall thickness etc., molded to fit correctly. What is piece of mind worth? and consider cost of time to modify something else to almost fit.
I recently stopped a sea trial because I could see a BS auto store hose collapsing and starving the sea water pump. Not to disparage the idea of blue silicone installed competently, but not everyone is a good mechanic.
My 2c is take the $ hit and know you did it right when it's under the deck and you are underway.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom