Replacing Engine After Only 335 Hours!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
An event such as the OP experienced distills 2 matters.
It is unlikely Volvo would replace engines were there not a Volvo responsibility. To me it speaks of a significant unspecified fault, giving rise to a major warranty fix.
Volvo stepped up to perform a fix, as far as we know without a lot of prodding. That speaks highly of Volvo.
A rule I learnt was if you mess up you fix up, and Volvo did. But it`s inescapable there was a warrantable fault, without which there would have been no fix.
People can draw their own conclusions as to whether the episode viewed as a whole comes out as positive, negative, or neutral for Volvo. That the OP is pleased with the outcome and how it was handled is significant. It`s not as if TF is not plagued with stories of early Volvo engine failings, mostly it`s about parts availability and cost.
(Note: my boat has Lehmans.)

Right, to be fair, Volvo stepped up. No challenge, no
problems. What more can one ask?

Right, to be fair, Volvo stepped up. No challenge, no
problems. What more can one ask?

Can't ask anymore and come out considering yourself very lucky. As said long ago, I think your attitude and patience contributed heavily too.

I think I stated much the same earlier in the thread. However, all engine builders at times make products below their normal standards and have issues. Volvo has earned their fans and their critics and both have very good reasons. I think most of the praise is valid and most of the criticism is as well.

Wow - Talk about middle of the road... err channel. :lol:

Can't get a failing grade on that one! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom