PTO blanking plate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danderer

Guru
Vessel Name
Infinity
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogen 48
I've got a Vickers V10 pump for the stabilizers mounted to the rear of my Twin Disc transmission. it has been suggest that I acquire a blanking plate for transmission. In case of a hydraulic failure (burst hose for example), I could remove the PTO pump, put the blanking plate on the transmission, and go on my merry way.

I can't seem to locate a source for a plate. Are these bespoke items? A standard Twin Disc part for installations without a PTO?

Any aid appreciated.

I picked one up at the hydraulic shop with no problem but did not find them online. they are a common item found on stack able pumps and ptos.

Ideally you save the original cover plate after installing the pump, but that seldom seems to happen. The PTOs are generally standardized as SAE A, B, or C. If you can figure out which you have, google or your local hydraulic shop should be your friend. And it’s worth emphasizing your local hydraulics shop. Hydraulics are everywhere, as are hydraulic shops. Most of us just never know they are there. Hunt around and you will probably find one near you. I recently replaced the pump on a piece of construction equipment and a local shop was able to get a replacement for about half the cost of the equipment manufacturer. And it’s the exact same Eaton pump. This stuff is almost all off the shelf commercial stuff.

Thanks guys - great info.

Back
Top Bottom