Prop Service In CT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maggiecat1003

Veteran Member
Does anyone know prop servicing businesses in CT area?

I need my props for 1982 Sea Ray 355T inspected and overhauled. They show no specific damage in terms of bending, cracks or chips. Just normal wear and they have been running smoothly given the age of the boat for the two summers we have run her in local waters.

I got a phone quote of $200-300 per prop for basic overhaual from a place called Hale Propeller in Old Saybrook. Has anyone dealt with them for business? I am guessing final cost is somewhat size and time dependent. Sad to say I don't even know the size and pitch which I should.

Any other suggestions for others to call?

Thanks in advance.

I've had a couple of props redone by Hale. Top notch place for sure. You won't be disappointed.
There also used to be a prop shop in Essex, but I don't know if they are still in business.
"Assuming" you are at a marina they usually have a place they go to. You could ask them.
Hope this helps.

Thank you for your information. I will take a ride up to Hale when I pull them this weekend.

New England propellor in Plymouth MA has an excellent reputation

+1 for Hale. The props look better than new when they come back. Many local places that send props out send them to Hale.

Rob

All Gabe at Precision Propeller in Newburgh, NY. A top notch place.

Before you go, think about what you are getting for WOT and is that within the best performance for you ? A small re-pitch may make a difference in speed or efficiency.

i've had a couple of props redone by hale. Top notch place for sure. You won't be disappointed.
There also used to be a prop shop in essex, but i don't know if they are still in business.
"assuming" you are at a marina they usually have a place they go to. You could ask them.
Hope this helps.

++++11111

Hale +1

Back
Top Bottom