Onan MDJE start / stop relay instructions needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Pacific Myst
Vessel Make
West Bay 4500
I'm replacing a failed start / stop relay 307-0623 with the newer 307-2957 on an Onan MDJE 7.5 gen set. I've found the part, it was supposed to come with instructions for wiring in the new relay. But no instructions were included. If anyone who is trying to keep one of these old beasts running has the instructions a copy of same would be greatly appreciated. As you can see by the pics they are not similar at all so wiring instructions are needed.

I've reached out to the vendor I purchased from and posted on Boat Diesel. No joy yet.

Attachments

• Relay 2967.jpg
    Relay 2967.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Box 2957.jpg
    Box 2957.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Relay1 0623.jpg
    Relay1 0623.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Relay2 0623.jpg
    Relay2 0623.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 33
I did that very mod on that very model Onan about a hundred years ago, but I do not have or remember having specific directions. I believe I used the wiring diagram in my manual and pulled wires one at a time from the original solenoid to reattach them to the plastic base of the new one before fastening it to the Onan.

The diagram is on the plastic case.
2 & 7 are the coil.
6 & 8 are NO
1 & 4 are NC
The plastic case should be removable and you can trace the wires if you like.
You can probably find a contactor like your old one at an online electronics supply house. Probably for 1/4 the cost from Onan. I found one on ebay for $10.

Looks like I needed the obvious pointed out to me. I just this minute got the wiring instructions from Tom @ onanparts.com.

Regarding buying a direct 0623 repaclement vs the newer 2957. Costs for the 0623 on Ebay have gone astronomical. Last week when I searched Ebay a used 0623 went for $90 and new in box $225 - $425. So the new style NIB at $108 seemed a better deal. And there are more of them around.

The diagram is on the plastic case.
2 & 7 are the coil.
6 & 8 are NO
1 & 4 are NC
The plastic case should be removable and you can trace the wires if you like.
You can probably find a contactor like your old one at an online electronics supply house. Probably for 1/4 the cost from Onan. I found one on ebay for $10.

Back
Top Bottom