Onan 7.5 Parts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

a340driver

Vessel Name
Pathfinder
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 36
Good morning,

I have a 1981 Onan 7.5 MDJE which has a cracked heat exchanger part #154-2122.

Would there be any members out there that could help me source a replacement or any ideas on a repair.

Unfortunately they are obsolete and I haven't had any luck using the internet to find one.

Thank you,

Ken Price

Hi Ken,
Let us know what you find. We have the same gen. I sourced a starter solenoid online from A.S.A.P ("Advanced service and Parts LLC) in Pennsylvania.

We bought an oil cooler, also discontinued, for one of our Perkins mains from Mr Cool - maybe check with them for an aftermarket replacement.

Good luck

Hi Gabe and RT, thank you for the quick replies. I will check out the information you have given me and share what I find. The boat is new to use and we are on a breakdown cruise Northbound to the North Channel.

Try Mr. Cool. Part # 130-0514. For replacement on MDJE 7.5kw onan. I've used Mr. Cool for replacing my MDKD 8.0kw exchanger last year. Great service...fits exactly and works. Hope this helps.

I bought my last one from the Manifold warehouse in BURNABY, BC Canada. When it arrived it had shipped from Bellingham, Wa and was under the manufactures name of Seacamp.
If you cant find exactly the one you need, call them and they will modify one to match your old one. All the 7.5 mdje generators were pretty close, I think mine needed a different hose nipple bend/angle, but it was not much.

www.manifoldwarehouse.com - Marine Exhaust Manifolds, Heat Exchangers, Oil Cooler, Freshwater Cooling System

Last edited:
If it is cracked a radiator shop might be able to braze or weld it so you can use it till you find a new one.
Good luck!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom